What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 automatic timeset

jmx2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS 5 user guide says auto time update uses the local Internet connection to set time. On my iPad it insists on defaulting to Cupertino, CA (Apple's home town). I live in Arizona and my ISP is the local cable co. Is this a bug? Am I the only one having this problem?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS 5 user guide says auto time update uses the local Internet connection to set time. On my iPad it insists on defaulting to Cupertino, CA (Apple's home town). I live in Arizona and my ISP is the local cable co. Is this a bug? Am I the only one having this problem?
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Regarding your question, most ISP's have a time element that your iPad can "read". Yours may not. Just change your settings.

1. Settings App
  2. General
  3. Date & Time
  4. Set Automatically "Off"
  5. Time Zone > Enter your city
Welcome again and enjoy!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No idea if this will work, but give it a try.

First make sure your Location Services are on in Settings, and on specifically for the Map app.

To to the Map app, tap the arrow icon at the top to turn it purple (used to be blue), and see if the iPad can find itself. If you have a wi-fi only iPad you'll need to be connected to the internet.

If it finds you, go back to the Time and Date settings and turn them off, wait a bit, and turn them back on.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts