What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 and 5.0.1 Upgrade Troubleshooting

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgraded to the latest IOS 5.1.1 and all my problems have been fixed with photo gallery. Very happy now..

cjoy2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
macdaddio said:
Upgraded to the latest IOS 5.1.1 and all my problems have been fixed with photo gallery. Very happy now..

Well after about 8 months, I finally upgraded to iOS 5.1.1, without any problems. It took around 5 hours for both iPod touch and ipad2, of course the iPad took the longest. I will set up iCloud later, only problem was the iPad would not connect to my wifi network right away. But turning the iPad on/off fixed the problem. I will say to anyone who still has to update, be patient! The most time is involved in restoring every app + music/ videos. Just follow the guide in this thread. Woo hoo!

shockvibee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have an ipad 2 16gb wifi, I have restored it to factory settings, tried resetting it in to recovery mode and no matter what i do, after extracting software I get error 3194.
Any other ideas I might have missed?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shockvibee said:
Hello, I have an ipad 2 16gb wifi, I have restored it to factory settings, tried resetting it in to recovery mode and no matter what i do, after extracting software I get error 3194.

What do you mean by extracting software?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Are you trying to upgrade/restore this iPad to the most current iOS (which is 5.1.1 now)? Typically, you get this error when you try to put a firmware version on the iPad that Apple has "discontinued."

Marilyn

McNasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys i`m new to this forum and I`m not the greatest with computers.. I am looking for a way to edit my videos that I make for
You Tube.. I saw an app that I think allows me to do this, but it says I need to upgrade to Iso 5.1 first.. How to do you upgrade to
iso and is it hard to do??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is relatively easy to upgrade the iOS. All you need is your computer and the most recent version of iTunes.

With the above, connect the iPad to the computer and open iTunes. Then, (1) do a backup of your iPad, (2) and then press "Restore" (it's on the main Summary tab in iTunes). Then, iTunes will do its magic and when it's done, you will be prompted to "restore,from backup."

That will be it. You will then be on the most current iOS (5.1.1 as of this writing). Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Acaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello! About the updates ios 5.0 and 5.1 I noticed some strangeness on my iPad: from some days can not stream certain types of movies. I'm sure this depends on some error in the firmware of the iPad, which also has other minor problems. So I decided to restore the ios, or at least upgrade from version 5.0.1 to 5.1. I have a ipad 2 32 gb gsm, with jailbreak. I followed all the methods listed in the forum: I used redsn0w, tiny umbrella and itunes, but there is always a mistake. Checking between the various info and preference, I discovered that there is a mismatch between the version of my ios (5.1) and the reference number (9A405). I saved my SHSH from version 5.0. I want to update / restore my iPad 2 without losing the jailbreak. Any suggestions? Did you ever hear anything like that?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hello! About the updates ios 5.0 and 5.1 I noticed some strangeness on my iPad: from some days can not stream certain types of movies. I'm sure this depends on some error in the firmware of the iPad, which also has other minor problems. So I decided to restore the ios, or at least upgrade from version 5.0.1 to 5.1. I have a ipad 2 32 gb gsm, with jailbreak. I followed all the methods listed in the forum: I used redsn0w, tiny umbrella and itunes, but there is always a mistake. Checking between the various info and preference, I discovered that there is a mismatch between the version of my ios (5.1) and the reference number (9A405). I saved my SHSH from version 5.0. I want to update / restore my iPad 2 without losing the jailbreak. Any suggestions? Did you ever hear anything like that?

The first question that must be asked is - do you have the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1? You can only restore to an iOS version for which you have the blobs. Those are the only versions of iOS 5 that can be jail broken on the iPad2.

Marilyn

Nawbayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 3 I just updated about a week ago and it just keeps switching off every 2 minutes I've reformatted it restored it to factory setting keeps doing the same

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you considered making a Genius appointment at an Apple Store? They could tell you if it's a hardware problem or not. If it is, is's covered under warranty. Make sure to do a backup of the iPad before taking it in, as you would get another iPad in exchange if the problem is a warranty issue. You then set up the replacement from the backup you made.

Most reactions

Latest posts