What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 and 5.0.1 Upgrade Troubleshooting

nelly2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread was a great help! I was having so much trouble trying to update the software. It kept being interrupted by my virus protection software. -_-

NewMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great Forum - Great thread

Yet to update my IPad 2 to the new operating system. Last few months have been travelling with IPad but no computer. Last time I synced was with a PC laptop that died and I know longer own. Stayed with friend who updated to latest version of I Tunes on his PC. I then tried to sync my IPad to ITunes on his Windows 64 PC. ITunes recognized my IPAD but would not then sync. ( I am assuming that bsck-up always take place when Sync?). Went to Step 1 on the Sync then dropped out of Sync. Tried rebooting the computer and full shut down of IPad - as per OP - and this did not work.

ITunes offered me the option of restoring my IPad to its original settings but I am not keen to do this as without backup assume will lose information on contacts, calendar, and Apps.

Any advice most welcome. Many thanks.

Kevin2moon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting for things to calm down is never a bad option. It also allows for any bugs to be ironed out as well. So not a bad idea...couldn't hurt as they say.

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really thinking about up grading my IPad 2 to the latest software but I'm just scared I will have problems again like I did before.
last time I upgraded my IPad my photos kept disappearing so I took it back to Apple and they replaced it for a new one and told me not to up grade again until Apple tells us the bugs have been fixed and it is safe to up grade.
I need advice, is it really safe now to up grade or still I should wait. I want to set up icloud on my iPad and iPhone.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
roadwarrior69 said:
I just got a new ipad2 for Xmas, why didn't come w ios5?

Can I install it myself?

Yes, just connect it to your computer (having first made sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed) then, when connected you should see, in the iTunes window, a message saying that there is new software available for your iPad, just follow the onscreen steps.

The Archangel

A

angellike

I'm sending the details of this threat to you using McAfee Threat Feed app for iPhone.

Mozilla Firefox Mac OS X JAR Files Remote Code Execution
December 28, 2011

A remote code execution vulnerability is present in some versions of Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird. The flaw is due to .jar files are not considered as executable files on Mac OS X. Successful exploitation could result in the execution of arbitrary code. NOTE: this vulnerability is due to an incorrect fix on Mac OS X under CVE-2011-2372.

dikoxand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help again. I used Facetime the other day. The screen just went black then went to Home screen. After that my other Apps would just crash, that is, go black then go to Home screen after only a few minutes of using the App (Facebook, Yahoo News, etc). What should I do? Please help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Need help again. I used Facetime the other day. The screen just went black then went to Home screen. After that my other Apps would just crash, that is, go black then go to Home screen after only a few minutes of using the App (Facebook, Yahoo News, etc). What should I do? Please help.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed the latest IOS for my iPhone and iPad 2 and I have noticed my battery on my iPhone is going down a bit quicker than before but my iPad battery is fine..

I'm not 100% sure about if my battery in my iPhone is actually got worse since the latest update how.

Does the iCloud photo stream use a lot more battery because other wise not sure why it has got so low so quick..

God dam it...Now my photos in my galary are disappearing again, just like it did first time I updated and I had to bring it back to apple for a new one..

Please.please please can some one help me for I really do not want to keep bringing my iPhone and iPad back to apple after each update..

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Anything that downloads or uploads stuff to the internet in the background is going to affect your battery life. If you take a couple dozen pictures on the iPhone, that's about the same as buying several apps and leaving them to download.

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Anything that downloads or uploads stuff to the internet in the background is going to affect your battery life. If you take a couple dozen pictures on the iPhone, that's about the same as buying several apps and leaving them to download.

With my iPad I have had the photo gallery problem before in that some photos that are stored in the gallery disappear then reappear again..I have already had my iPad replaced because of this problem and I really don't want to have to bring it back again so they can just replace for a new one..

With my iPhone I will see how the battery goes today to see if it last longer if I don't use internet..

Random_Kiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi iPad peeps...what does one do when ones has upgraded to 5.0.1, all apps were copied off and then back (OK, well not all actually, a couple vanished, but easy enough to get them back) but i've lost ALL saved data for my games...all Angry Birds which were 99% completed 3 stars on every level, Infinity Blade II back to square one...EVERY game which involves saved data was lost

HELP!?!

Thanks in advance

Most reactions

Latest posts