What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 and 5.0.1 Upgrade Troubleshooting

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys I live in Scotland and I have been trying now for days to upgrade and it times out every time........ My wife has been trying from her laptop.
So what I did was I switched of my Internet security on my wife's laptop and it upgraded rite away... I therefore switched of my own Internet security and my iPad upgraded aswell .. It took about two hours or so.. For each iPad.
My Internet security is kapersky...... Bothe iPads work fine now..

Hope this helps
Thanks for the tip. Turning off virus protection is one of the recommendations in the first post of this thread.

Glad things are working now and enjoy your "new" iPad!

badgersb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter upgraded her iPhone 4 aswell and had no problems what so ever......

J

killbill777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a lot of problems updating to iOS 5 on my iPad from 4.3.3. The error (1) kept coming up and I had tried everything.
Then I remembered that my iPad was low on battery så I just charged it and KABOOOM...... problem solved!!!!!
Hope this helps some of you with error code (1):)

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Thanks very much for the tip (listed in the first post) and glad to hear that things are good. When updating any computing device, not just the iPad, it should always be plugged in. Interrupting an update can cause data corruption and all sorts of problems.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Tomwylie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the posting, just to clarify, do I need to plug into a computer or can I download iOS 5 directly onto the iPad. Since I bought my iPad I do not us a computer other than for work. My work computer restricts iTunes etc. My home computers has my daughter and wife's iTunes on and do not want to lose my music etc if I plug in.

Any advice appreciated.

Tom

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the posting, just to clarify, do I need to plug into a computer or can I download iOS 5 directly onto the iPad. Since I bought my iPad I do not us a computer other than for work. My work computer restricts iTunes etc. My home computers has my daughter and wife's iTunes on and do not want to lose my music etc if I plug in.

Any advice appreciated.

Tom
Yes, you need to connect your iPad to a computer with the latest version of iTunes to download and install iOS 5. Going forward backups and syncing can be done wirelessly. More here:

iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software

Also, since this is a major upgrade, be sure to follow the tips on the first post of this thread.

ft15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
Please helppp!
I download iPad2,2_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw and try to upgrade my ipad 2 and also inter to DFU mode ( as i red on internet) . But now my device stop in recovery mode(just like image)
I don't know how get out this mode!
thx
20111112_002.jpg

guest980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I've tried all of those. I didn't have a problem with my ipad2 since there weren't that many apps yet. I then tried it w my ipad1 which has not been synched for quite a while (original version is 4.2.1) and that's when it would hang. I really believe it's a memory issue.

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the "An unknown error occured. (Error 3194)" happen to me. I had iTunes 10.5 on Win 7 (64-Bit). Came across a helpful website after a quick Google search. It instructed me to erase "gs.apple.com" from my hosts file, located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Works like a charm, and backup is restoring as we speak. :thumbs:
you are the man!!! thank you!!! :)

dikoxand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have updated my iPad2 to iOS5 using my McBook Pro iTunes. Can I update another iPad2 using the same McBook Pro?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dikoxand said:
I have updated my iPad2 to iOS5 using my McBook Pro iTunes. Can I update another iPad2 using the same McBook Pro?

Yes, I have updated both my iPads using my Mac.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts