What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 5.1

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Am I the only one having problems after updating? My iPad is dropping wifi connection quite regularly even when I am sitting near the router. It is also crashing a lot (although to be fair this was happening before the update as well). Gardens of Time is a particular problem for some reason.

Battery life may be slightly better but everything else seems slower and glitchier (is that a word?)

OP
alexm1

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Noticing the wifi drop out and have seen it mentioned elsewhere so I expect a fix will be released, soon I hope. No other issues thus far.

camaroz1985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try draining your battery and charging to 100 percent in case your battery indicator is acting up.

Apple recommends draining once a month to keep the indicator accurate. Maybe the firmware upgrade has scrambled the indicator.

I completely drained it last night. I will see how the battery life is now that it has a fresh complete charge.

I normally do this at least once a month, and normally don't charge it at all unless it is below 10%.

paolo_f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery is supposed to be better after the upgrade right?
Well for me it seems like it's become worse.

I had it full-charged at about 10:30pm last night.
And as I am writing this, it's down to 3%.
And it's only 3:00pm.
With IOS 5, it was about 20% for the same usage.

:(

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

cintoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen the notification to upgrade ios 5.1
Fyi, my iPad is running ios 5.0.1 and it was JB'd.
When i tried to download the update on iTunes, the download bar shows 761MB but if I upgrade it from my iPad setting, it was just 150MB. Why is that different? Anything wrong with my iPad?

Will I need to JB again after upgrading?

rey_1178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its a shame that my ipad finally works to perfection with 5.1 as i ship it out tonight to its new owner. took advantage of the price drops on ipad2. hope 16gb is good enough. had the 64gb ipad1 but never even came close to filling it.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
its a shame that my ipad finally works to perfection with 5.1 as i ship it out tonight to its new owner. took advantage of the price drops on ipad2. hope 16gb is good enough. had the 64gb ipad1 but never even came close to filling it.

Yeah rey_1178. This iOS update sure made by iPad1 seem like a brand new machine!

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery life seems to be worse after the update to 5.1. I have reset using the lock button and home button, and it still seems to be going through the battery much quicker.

Try closing out the apps that are running in the background. I haven't noticed any difference in battery usage. I still only charge it about once a week.
A friend of mine just bought a IP2/32g and had probably 30 apps running and didn't know it.

Last edited:

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cintoy said:
I've seen the notification to upgrade ios 5.1
Fyi, my iPad is running ios 5.0.1 and it was JB'd.
When i tried to download the update on iTunes, the download bar shows 761MB but if I upgrade it from my iPad setting, it was just 150MB. Why is that different? Anything wrong with my iPad?

Will I need to JB again after upgrading?

The difference between the updates has to do with the iPad only getting what is needed, iTunes is downloading the full iOS.
After updating to 5.1 you will need to re-jailbreak. I don't know if there is a jailbreak for the iPad 2 if you have it's 5.1, yet. For the iPad 1 there is a tethered jailbreak. Check the jailbreak section in these forums often to find out when a jailbreak is ready.
Fid

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

Most reactions

Latest posts