What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1 Untethered Jailbreak Update: All Required Exploits Have Been Discovered 5.1

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news, just don't expect the jailbreak to be released too quickly. It will still certainly be weeks, and maybe months (IMHO based on years of experience!), to combine all of the necessary exploits into a workable stable jailbreak. The good news is that it should at least be suitable for iPad1, iPad2, and iPad3.

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Great news, just don't expect the jailbreak to be released too quickly. It will still certainly be weeks, and maybe months (IMHO based on years of experience!), to combine all of the necessary exploits into a workable stable jailbreak. The good news is that it should at least be suitable for iPad1, iPad2, and iPad3.

Well I do have my hopes up, never know could be a whole lot sooner than later!

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iam very tired of the cat and mouse. I bought an Android phone to get familiar with the os and, whenever time comes to update my ipad, if xbmc is available for android plus other small glitches get ironed put, chancer are I wll be crossing the street.

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gzoladz said:
Iam very tired of the cat and mouse. I bought an Android phone to get familiar with the os and, whenever time comes to update my ipad, if xbmc is available for android plus other small glitches get ironed put, chancer are I wll be crossing the street.

May be you should look for a good portable movie player? :) Don't mention it.

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can i donwgrade my ipad 3 to os 5.0.1 witch can be jaibreaked?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BestNameEver said:
Not yet. But maybe later.

Not ever. You will never be able to install a version of IOS which never ran on a device in the first place. IOS 5.1 was the first, and at present, only version of IOS for iPad3.

Hope that clarifies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
didn't noticed it mentioned but pod2g posted another tweet. "ASLR seems bypassed! Weird machines FTW. Time to ROP the payload." Probably still a ways out but it sounds like he is making good progress.

Most reactions