What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1 Released

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Simon1405 said:
Keep getting an error...will not connect......

Mine wouldn't update unless it was charged to 100%..........Ken

fats83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded the latest software version iOS 5.1 on my iPad 2 but have been experiencing irregular shutting down or locking of the iPad. Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do? I love my iPad and now am sorry I downloaded the newer software. :-(

EdandCathy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fats83 said:
Downloaded the latest software version iOS 5.1 on my iPad 2 but have been experiencing irregular shutting down or locking of the iPad. Has anyone else experienced this? What do I do? I love my iPad and now am sorry I downloaded the newer software. :-(

Yes. I have had my ipad go into "sleep" mode while typing. This has only happened twice over the weekend ( hours of constant use). I didn't think much of it until reading your post. Hopefully this won't continue.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try restarting and / or resetting if you're experiencing probs with shutting down unexpectedly.

1969rs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated this morning and what I have noticed so far is that the books had in my iBooks have disappeared. I had books I had purchased as well as samples of books I wanted to read yet. All gone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try opening your iBooks app, going to Store and tapping on the Purchased tab. Your books should be there.

I've had iBooks disappear during a previous upgrade, though not this time. Those, I never recovered, but they were freebies, some didn't sweat it.

1969rs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx K. I do see them there, and when I go to download them, it asks for me to sign in,, similar to when I originally purchased them. Hate to pay twice for something.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx K. I do see them there, and when I go to download them, it asks for me to sign in,, similar to when I originally purchased them. Hate to pay twice for something.
If you've bought them previously and they're showing under Purchased, you won't be charged again. You're just redownloading them.

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1969rs said:

It shouldn't charge you twice. It just needs for you to confirm that you are the account holder of the account that they were paid with. It does the same thing with the AppStore..
However if it does charge you, it will send you out an email outlining the what and how much. If that happens, just contact apple support

cownick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the new camera button on the side it is so much more convenient

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've read updating iPad 1 & 2's iOS apps compatible to iPad 3's retina display will use much more data storage on our iPads. For instance(not accurate just an example) if pages before this latest update used up 250mb on your device, it will now use 350mb. It's because that's what's needed to run on the new iPad. However us 1&2 users will not really get much benefit except our storage used up.

Read it in Macworld.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you delete reminders in a reasonable way now with iOS 5.1??

Most reactions

Latest posts