What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5.1.1 update on the New Ipad

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In your case I would sit tight for a few weeks until these "rumors" are verified or vilified. Or as an alternative, if one of you can go without in a pinch, update the lesser needed device for a test (and be prepared in the short run for it to fail).

Good luck,

Ok FYI, went a head and updated both ipads with out any issues, I guess the posts that I have read were isolated issues. thanks for the input I recieved.

0track0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I encountered a problem when tried to updated my iPad 3 IOS 5.1 to ISO 5.1.1. Here is the error message that came "ipad could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible".

Firstly I though this error caused by corrupted downloaded restore ipsw, then I trid to re-downloaded the file and tried to restore my iPad but the same error message still came up. I'm sure that I have down loaded the right IOS 5.1.1 for my ipad. Have any one experiences this problem and solved it ?

Appreciated all the suggestion and help.

Thanks.

Haris

Most reactions

Latest posts