What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak and Transmission cydia tweak to download torrents no longeworking

dreambro2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if anyone knew why ,since upgrading from iOS 5.01 to 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, the transmission tweak from Cydia big boss repo does not work. On 5.01 was simply matter of installing tweak and then opening iCal or safari and going to localhost:9091 in address bar to access torrent web client which downloaded torrents directly to the iPad. But since upgrading I can no longer access the localhost/port.

Is this a 5.1.1 issue with using new port for transmission or does anyone have any other ideas?

Anyone know a way of seeing which apps or running on localhost so can see if port address is simply changed or if it is in conflict with new iOS 5.1.1 framework?

This is incredibly useful tweak to use and would be a shame to have to downgrade to 5.01 to get to work but possibly a necessary step?

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talking about torrenting isn't going to go very well on these forums, unfortunately. They don't support piracy, after all. ^^;

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Torrent'ing directs you to piracy, no one will help you here.

Bgmnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if anyone knew why ,since upgrading from iOS 5.01 to 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, the transmission tweak from Cydia big boss repo does not work. On 5.01 was simply matter of installing tweak and then opening iCal or safari and going to localhost:9091 in address bar to access torrent web client which downloaded torrents directly to the iPad. But since upgrading I can no longer access the localhost/port.

Is this a 5.1.1 issue with using new port for transmission or does anyone have any other ideas?

Anyone know a way of seeing which apps or running on localhost so can see if port address is simply changed or if it is in conflict with new iOS 5.1.1 framework?

This is incredibly useful tweak to use and would be a shame to have to downgrade to 5.01 to get to work but possibly a necessary step?

it has some signature error with 5.1.1 :rolleyes: contact Filipe Pina the authore of this project :

[Moderator edit: Removed link to developer web site and social networking site. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
c_strong said:
Torrent'ing directs you to piracy, no one will help you here.

Torrenting is a very efficient way to download. Despite its uses for piracy, people can use torrents to legitimately download legal files. Therefore torrenting shouldn't always be linked specifically to piracy. If there is no proof or inclination that this person will be using torrents for illegal reasons, the is no reason we shouldn't try to help them.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Torrenting is a very efficient way to download. Despite its uses for piracy, people can use torrents to legitimately download legal files. Therefore torrenting shouldn't always be linked specifically to piracy. If there is no proof or inclination that this person will be using torrents for illegal reasons, the is no reason we shouldn't try to help them.

I agree,I use it as my own personal cloud when at work, all my music is at home but there will always be a CD ive forgot to put on. I use I transmission to download said cd. Also its far quicker for me to torrent a cd i own than burn it to itunes! Im not sure how it works most of the time but if you click on a magnet link it takes you to itranmission. You can always copy the address and Paste it into itransmissons web client, or use I transmission's own web browser. When you click on a torrent it prompts you to copy and paste. Hope this helps.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be clear, torrenting is NOT a banned subject here, provided nobody is discussing the downloading of torrents containing illegal content.

koenan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fwiw I had transmission working great on the new iPad on 5.1.1 so it does work if that helps. Also, I used the browser within transmission to browse to the torrent site and grab the torrents. That worked great and I never left the app during the process.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fwiw I had transmission working great on the new iPad on 5.1.1 so it does work if that helps. Also, I used the browser within transmission to browse to the torrent site and grab the torrents. That worked great and I never left the app during the process.

iTransmission is good as well and more simple. I use Safari to copy the magnet link and then go to iTransmission and open url and pasted it in. Very simple. But Transmission 2 or something, it seems slower because it includes the browser and doesn't seem to like me.

Bgmnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probleme solved :) Transmission 2.52 iOS just relised Fix iOS 5.1+ jailbreak

[Moderator edit: Removed link to developer web site, social networking site and deb download site. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions