What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.0.1

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just down loaded it love that you do not have to hook up to PC any more . i found out about the update from here how come there is nothing on the iPad. telling me there is a new update ?

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure of question but MDN app told me about the update so went into settings and it started to look for it. 10 mins later boom! Gestures. I love the fact that I don't need my extremely slow and horrible windows vista laptop anymore. Hate that machine!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! If you've got iOS 5 on your iPad go into settings - general - software update - it will check for update and you can download from there. 10 mins max. Try it!

I just tried and it was looking for ages then it said there was an error and couldnt find any

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh no! Good karma can't use gestures after download. She hasn't got back to me yet though! Maybe everyone is doing it? The only problem I had was that I had to do a hard reset of iPad and then wi-fi was lost so I reset router and then put password back in. Apart from that no probs. maybe try later! I'm crossing fingers for you!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no! Good karma can't use gestures after download. She hasn't got back to me yet though! Maybe everyone is doing it? The only problem I had was that I had to do a hard reset of iPad and then wi-fi was lost so I reset router and then put password back in. Apart from that no probs. maybe try later! I'm crossing fingers for you!

Got it now thanks,took 10 mins,no probs at all,well none that i can see.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just down loaded it love that you do not have to hook up to PC any more . i found out about the update from here how come there is nothing on the iPad. telling me there is a new update ?

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF
Same here,i found out on here,yes it is great not having to hook up,im in bed and just done it,no wires lol

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Just upgraded my iPad and all went well. But strangely my iPhone 3GS did start the download on its own... Not a big deal as I was going to do it, but I still wonder.

I have to say that I picked up my iPhone a bit earlier and saw that the battery was at 6%. Odd since it was fully charged this morning. But I received a calendar invitation during the day and it looks like the iPhone got in a frenzy loop until I acknowledged the invitation. So I think that what drained the battery. But as I was trying to fix that issue, there was a notification that I clicked without looking at what it saying, thinking it was telling me that the battery level was low... maybe it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to 5.0.1...

VicoPad addict!

ladiablapr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im fairly new to this. I received an ipad 2 as a gift and am givibg it alot of use now. How can I update directly on Ipad using wifi? Apparently i ont have the 5.0 because i went to settings>general and theres norhing that says software update.

Thanks!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can see what version you have in Settings > General > About

You must update through the latest iTunes to get to 5.n before you can do over the air updates.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ladiablapr said:
4.3.2 im waaaaaaay behind :-/

Don't worry. It will take only 1 update to get you to 5.0. This will have to be done linked to your pc or laptop then all future updates will be over the air. Have a look here so you know what to do [video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a doubt .what will happen when u update via wifi and in middle of updating there is problem with the wifi and updating stops In middle?will it affect the I pad anyway? Or once the data is downloaded there is no need of Internet connection?just asking bcoz one of my friends phone went dead coz he had to interrupt the updating process.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My updating started and quit twice before finishing. The third download worked and the installation started. The first times gave me an error message and a return to the software update setting.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A.K said:
Just a doubt .what will happen when u update via wifi and in middle of updating there is problem with the wifi and updating stops In middle?will it affect the I pad anyway? Or once the data is downloaded there is no need of Internet connection?just asking bcoz one of my friends phone went dead coz he had to interrupt the updating process.

I would say that Apple has thought of these possible scenarios and have made the updates in such a way that it will not harm them and they will eventually update intact.

Most reactions