What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.0.1

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
luizgcmotta said:
I just saw in cult of mac ( http://www.cultofmac.com/129204/ios-5-0-1-released-fix-your-iphone-4s-battery-woes-now/ ) that apple just released it, so I decided to update my iPad over wifi, but it said that they did not released yet
Was cult of mac rong?

I just read the same on macWorld.
But I'm reluctant to, cause on twitter muscleNerd said that there is no way to downgrade back to iOS 5.0 even with sHHS blobs, so this might be a problem if you want to jailbreak.

Regards,
~Chays~

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed iOS 5.1. I had no problems,it took about ten minutes. I now have multitasking for my iPad that was snubbed in the first update. Remember to go to settings to turn it on if you have the original. It all went very smooth, not a problem. I used wifi for the first time to do the update.

☮ ♥ 

Last edited:

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just had a notification that there was an update so now updating my iPad 2.

sharontzu5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im trying to upgrade to 5.0.1. (from 5.0.0) cause I have Ipad 1 and I want the finger swiping to work, but when I try to upgrade through itunes - it begins the download, but then tells me there are 40 minutes left. then 1 hour, then 3 hours, then 5 hours...etc. The download just gets stuck.

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you not tried it via your iPad over WiFi. That's how I've done mine

sharontzu5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to download ios 5.0.1 through Itunes. Download starts but gets stuck after about 10% downloads - The download indicator just stops filling up and the time remaining goes up to 3 hours, 5 hours, 8 hours... I've retried several things but same thing keeps happening

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes! If you've got iOS 5 on your iPad go into settings - general - software update - it will check for update and you can download from there. 10 mins max. Try it!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

sharontzu5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked! Thank you so much. :) Now I have the multi-tasking gestures on my I-Pad 1. (After enabling them on settings).

Strange that the direct upgrade worked while upgrading through Itunes didn't.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know but I'm sure it will be. I don't have my laptop as my eldest has appropriated it again! Kids hey!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts