What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.3

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just been looking at the changes on the iOS 4.3 and saw the iPhone 4 Personal hotspot feature. I don't have an iPhone 4 but would have loved to see that on the iPad. Why haven't they included it with the iPad? (only if you have the 3G VERSION)

Also anyone know when it is being released?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about AT&T but Verizon would be charging you an extra $20.00 a month for a hot spot unless you hacked into it.

Personally I'd never use it so I'm not interested in creating hot spots but there sure seems to be a heck of a lot of people who are. I don't know why they left it off this time, maybe it's a hardware issue?

macman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure why AT&T didn't allow it, cause with how much data that would take up they would get a ton of money on overages.

Verizon didn't do it cause they have myfi which they want to promote. Why offer a product that does something for a cheeper cost than something they are offering already.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It supposed was made available to the public at 10a.m. Today, according to todays news article on the forum, by Maura ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the latest version of itunes needed to install ios 4.3? Or will the same version i used to install 4.2.1 ios work also?

skinnypreacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3 and mirroring

Does anyone know if mirroring will work on IPad 1 with 4.3? If so this would be a game changer for me upgrading.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
I'm excited about the PH feature in 4.3 for the iPhone 4 (I have one) … My only concern is now going to be if once this feature is out, if Canadian carriers (Rogers & Fido) will begin charging for tethering.

It is currently unlmtd, if you're signed up for a 6 GB/mnth. plan. Fingers crossed it remains unchanged.

Most reactions