What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOs 4.3.3?

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just saw an item on Flipbook saying that Apple is going to update the iOS to remove the tracking and that it will free up a lot of memory.

Anyone know for sure?

Reaction score
Heaviside said:
Just saw an item on Flipbook saying that Apple is going to update the iOS to remove the tracking and that it will free up a lot of memory.

Anyone know for sure?

Apple will adjust the tracking in some ways. But let's just remind us, that it does not track your position, it tracks the date and location of the radio masts the iPad/iPhone connects to. These signals can travel a few kilometers, so all you get is a map of the radio masts and due to the time stamps a wage idea of where you, the iOS user have been.

Anyway, Apple will adjust the tracking, so that the file will not be copied over onto your computer, the file will be deleted when turning off location services and it will be auto deleted more often, when location services are turned on.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
But it already does? You can activate them the same way on either iPad 1, or iPad 2. Though the animations on iPad 1 are quite sluggish, especially switching between apps.

I thought it was only for JB iPads. I think it's called Xcode, not sure though.

Reaction score

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Non JB can have it enabled using Xcode which is a Mac development toolset, or you can jailbreak and get them easily that way. I'm sure there's a post somewhere on here if you search...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Non JB can have it enabled using Xcode which is a Mac development toolset, or you can jailbreak and get them easily that way. I'm sure there's a post somewhere on here if you search...

Oh, sorry Leigh, I've failed the search button again! Heck, I have an old brain sometimes sorry! Forgive me!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! Okay, thanks for that. Why isn't put onto ours with the normal updates, is ours getting to be old hat already! It's not even a year old yet!

It's not on any device officially yet Hayles. It's supposed to be a developer only preview to see what applications it interferes with and what other bugs it drives out... You are getting it early, not late!

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh! Okay, thanks for that. Why isn't put onto ours with the normal updates, is ours getting to be old hat already! It's not even a year old yet!

Actually the multigestures are on all iOS devices, but they are disabled. They are not activated on any device by default, not even on iPad 2. They are disabled, because they are still in development.

Or the above :D

Most reactions

Latest posts