IOS 4.3.2 is released by apple

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by Gunny008, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Gunny008

Gunny008 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Download it now if you are not jail broken!
  2. matt_90036

matt_90036 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i wont download it. from the reviews it sounds like the battery draining issue is still there.
  3. JJK

JJK iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    For the past hour I have been trying to install it. Every time it gives me a 1013 error. I restarted ITunes as well as computer, but still the same. Now I am trying by connecting to another USB port. At the same time I am downloading 4.3.1, so that I can try to get back.

With my Iphone I never had this issue.

Strange (and frustrating).....

Edit: Other USB port did not do the trick. Now waiting for 4.3.1 dowload to complete and I will try to go back.

Ok, so I downloaded the 4.3.1, but when I extract the zip file I do not get the ISPW file that I need......Does anyone know where I can download the 4.3.1 for a 64G 3G Ipad2?

I would also like to try to restore / upgrade on my IMac, but this one has ITunes 10.1.1 running. I guess I would have to upgrade to the latests version, but will ITunes then stil accept my wifes 3G Iphone with 05.15.04 firmware?

Thank in advance for your help.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  4. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Error 1013 tells me it can't update your iPad baseband because it cant get a signature from Apple for it.

Have you used TinyUmbrealla? If so, you need to run it, go to the advanced tab, and untick "Set Hosts to Cydia on exit". If on the other hand you have edited your hosts file manually, you need to remove the re-direct to apples signing servers, gs.apple.com.

If neither of these things fits for you, then maybe you are just having internet connection troubles? iTunes needs to contact Apple twice during a restore. Once for the main firmware and once for the baseband updated of the 3G chip. This second check is about 75% of the way through the process. If it fails you get a 1013.

If you want to downgrade, you will need SHSH Blobs for your previous version and a download of the firmware file. Happily there are 2 excellent stickys in the hacking section which give you all of these (including iPad2 links)...

And finally, you should be able to upgrade iTunes to the latest version and be fine. I still run my old 3G through the latest iTunes.

Hope that helps...
  5. JJK

JJK iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    That must be it. I did run tinyumbrella this morning to try it out.

That would also explain why it did work on my Imac, which was still "clean".

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF