1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iOS 4.2 GM - 8C134b

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by earlyadopter, Nov 12, 2010.

1. earlyadopter

earlyadopter iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just left the Apple Developers Forum and read a post that said that Apple has posted a new beta. I just look and the new build is 8C134b but they have not updated the date posted yet.

Build: 8C134
    iPad Build: 8C134b

I am downloading it now.... I let you know later if it is in fact a new beta..
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hmmmm.... 8C134 is the "GM" version, so the "b" may indeed be an update.
  3. earlyadopter

earlyadopter iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    8C134b is indeed a update but I have not been able to see a difference between it and 4.2 GM. I still cannot get AirPrint to air print. It may clear up some of the WiFi issues others have had. Everything else seems to working.
  4. isrararrafi

isrararrafi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    noob question of the day..

where do i find this update to download?

because i tried check for updates in itunes with my ipad connected and it says 3.2.2 is the latest ios.

p.s. already installed itunes 10.1
  5. mjs31

mjs31 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is NOT the official update so you will not be able to just plug in and get the update. They had a problem with the official release and it has been delayed. This is for the testers to work with.
  6. isrararrafi

isrararrafi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    oh okay, makes sense.

thanks for the quick reply
  7. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    4.2 GM is SOOOO much faster than 3.2.2!!! YAY! And everything works, including AirPrint! I am happy now!
  8. Trixster

Trixster iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there any place where non-developers can download.
  9. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Sounds great. Cant wait for official update. Im wondering though will that limeRa1n jailbrake work on the new 4.2 like it did 3.2.2?
  10. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    There is, but unfortunately it would be against forum rules to disclose that information....Google can help tho ;)
  11. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Has anyone who had the Wifi issues with GM1 been able to test this new version and confirm they are resolved? That will help clear the way for the official update next week.
  12. drosenth

drosenth iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So my lack of patience got the best of me and I snagged a copy and WOW is this cool. Multitasking alone is great! I am also fine with how they implemented the landscape orientation lock in the multitasking toolbar. Bravo.

All smiles!!!
    DaveR
  13. mikem2te

mikem2te iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I put GM2 on this morning and so far there has been no problems whereas with GM1 I was lucky if WiFi worked for more than 5 minutes.
  14. Grandad

Grandad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Patience

As a newbie albeit with 15 or so years of mucking about with computers, I think us “Apple Virgins” should practice patience. We should not be trying to push things and start downloading Beta or GM versions. Leave that to you expert blokes! My thoughts are that once Apple are ready and happy that the OS is at its best they will release it. Don’t you agree Guys??
  15. shaft103

shaft103 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a quick question. If I have the GM installed will iTunes push the official update when it comes out or will I need to go back to 3.2.2 to get it? Thanks.
  16. Davidmacpherson

Davidmacpherson iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I completely agree, why the rush to download something the supplier is still working on? If I were leading Apple, I would do my best to protect beta versions from being downloaded by anyone othernthan approved users and they would be under legal agreements NOT to supply or release to anyone.

We all want to see the improvements planned with the new OS but it isn't exactly life threatening if it takes a few days longer to be released is it?

David

17. Fabio_rj

Fabio_rj iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same question here... anyone???

I have the same question. And i don't have any idea about how to go back to 3.2.2 since my device is not jailbroken and I don't have a firmware backup.
    Maybe iTunes will understand that IOS4.2 GM 8C134/8C134b is not the public version.

Let's wait to see.
    Fabio.
  18. brianmackey

brianmackey iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  19. Ksane

Ksane iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I broke down and tried it this morning for something to mess with. I had wifi problems with the 1st GM but none ever before or on the betas. I did managed to connect this morning with the 2nd GM for all of about 10 seconds. I never could get it to connect to wifi again so ended up taking it off. I'm not a developer so various people (who shall remain nameless) are going to say my opinion and experience doesnt count. So take it for what little it's worth.
  20. iwhat

iwhat iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    To be honest you are one of those people whose opinions got counted and apple delayed the official release and send for retesting and another update.Apple counts everyone's opinions and reports which is one of the best things that you rarely see in electronic product industry. Eventhough hating the waiting,but I am really liking this about apple,apple actually care about its consumers and what they are saying and asking for,unlike some other giants who doesn't care once you bought off their product. Their response to the bug report or minor issues is a new model of that same device with that bug/issue fixed,so you either go and buy the new device or go to hell,thats your problem. Way to go Apple,keep it up!! I now know why apple has the most faithful fanbase ever.

BTW one thing,did you try Shift+Check for Update or Shift+Restore ? I had some serious problems(my wifi won't connect no matter what!) after doing Shift+Update. I did the update several times but the issue remained,but once I went heroish I did a restore with the GM1 file and like magic my wifi issues completely vanished,but I also found that if the wifi is not connecting properly then you could try changing the channel of your router connect and then revert back and change the password,as this also worked once for me before the restore and another time after the restore when my router was playing tricks by allowing my neighbours' kids to overload it!

Thanks