What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 GM - 8C134b

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just left the Apple Developers Forum and read a post that said that Apple has posted a new beta. I just look and the new build is 8C134b but they have not updated the date posted yet.

Build: 8C134
iPad Build: 8C134b

I am downloading it now.... I let you know later if it is in fact a new beta..

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... 8C134 is the "GM" version, so the "b" may indeed be an update.

OP
earlyadopter

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8C134b is indeed a update but I have not been able to see a difference between it and 4.2 GM. I still cannot get AirPrint to air print. It may clear up some of the WiFi issues others have had. Everything else seems to working.

isrararrafi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noob question of the day..

where do i find this update to download?

because i tried check for updates in itunes with my ipad connected and it says 3.2.2 is the latest ios.

p.s. already installed itunes 10.1

mjs31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is NOT the official update so you will not be able to just plug in and get the update. They had a problem with the official release and it has been delayed. This is for the testers to work with.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.2 GM is SOOOO much faster than 3.2.2!!! YAY! And everything works, including AirPrint! I am happy now!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.2 GM is SOOOO much faster than 3.2.2!!! YAY! And everything works, including AirPrint! I am happy now!

Sounds great. Cant wait for official update. Im wondering though will that limeRa1n jailbrake work on the new 4.2 like it did 3.2.2?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone who had the Wifi issues with GM1 been able to test this new version and confirm they are resolved? That will help clear the way for the official update next week.

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any place where non-developers can download.

There is, but unfortunately it would be against forum rules to disclose that information....Google can help tho ;)

So my lack of patience got the best of me and I snagged a copy and WOW is this cool. Multitasking alone is great! I am also fine with how they implemented the landscape orientation lock in the multitasking toolbar. Bravo.

All smiles!!!
DaveR

mikem2te

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone who had the Wifi issues with GM1 been able to test this new version and confirm they are resolved? That will help clear the way for the official update next week.
I put GM2 on this morning and so far there has been no problems whereas with GM1 I was lucky if WiFi worked for more than 5 minutes.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patience

As a newbie albeit with 15 or so years of mucking about with computers, I think us “Apple Virgins” should practice patience. We should not be trying to push things and start downloading Beta or GM versions. Leave that to you expert blokes! My thoughts are that once Apple are ready and happy that the OS is at its best they will release it. Don’t you agree Guys??

shaft103

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a quick question. If I have the GM installed will iTunes push the official update when it comes out or will I need to go back to 3.2.2 to get it? Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts