What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 folders

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't tell from that if folders will be limited to just apps or that just happened to be the example they picked. perhaps someone with ios4 on their iphone could chime in on how it works.

danbee46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPhone the folders are limited to names defined by Apple, even though they don't always exactly match the apps. For instance, I lumped a few games together and the folder is labeled "Arcade" even though not all the games are the arcade type.

OP
chisaki

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a work-around. I could reassign the music videos as music, then alter their tags to assign them to albums called MV-Lady Gaga, MV-Taylor Swift; etc.

At least they would be easier to access but it sucks that a better way or organizing them isn't implemented on the iPad. I was waiting to see if iOS 4.2 would do it before I did that, but I might as well get started.

Last edited:

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean the folders you create to group apps? You can call them whatever you want - when you create them, tap the name text bar and you can edit it.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea of course you can rename folders.... the suggestion is just to help out, but by no means are you stuck with it. Heck I used to have Games1, Games2, and Games3 till I installed Infinifolders to enable more than 12 apps per folder.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a work-around. I could reassign the music videos as music, then alter their tags to assign them to albums called MV-Lady Gaga, MV-Taylor Swift; etc.

At least they would be easier to access but it sucks that a better way or organizing them isn't implemented on the iPad. I was waiting to see if iOS 4.2 would do it before I did that, but I might as well get started.
Don't forget about using spotlight to find the vids.

Michael

danbee46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean the folders you create to group apps? You can call them whatever you want - when you create them, tap the name text bar and you can edit it.

I know this is an iPad forum but that's not the way folders are working in the iPhone. And how do you lump apps together on the iPad without the firmware upgrade?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I know this is an iPad forum but that's not the way folders are working in the iPhone. And how do you lump apps together on the iPad without the firmware upgrade?

Err... Yes it is..unless you have a 3G or 4 that does something spectacularly different to my 3Gs.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Danbee that is how folders work and I believe infinidoc I believe is a jailbreak app.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is how folders work on the iPhone. And I have a 3GS and iPhone 4. Trust me, you can rename folders. You can not only do it on the device itself, but in iTunes too.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts