What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Delayed Due to Wi-Fi Problems

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

So, the rumour was that iOS 4.2 would be released today, November 12, at 10am Pacific time. Obviously that hasn’t happened, but according to MacStories, who broke the initial story that iOS 4.2 would be out today, and who were correct with their prediction that Mac OS X 10.6.5 and iTunes 10.1 would also be out this week, iOS 4.2 has been delayed for at least another week. The reason for the delay is a number of Wi-Fi connection issues reported by users running the iPad GM (Gold Master) build.

The problem seems to be that when the iPad connects to a local network, it loses the connection after a few minutes. Other users have apparently reported that they are completely unable to use Safari. For this reason, Apple decided to delay the release of the update until it got the bugs sorted.

Following on from this story today, Engadget is now reporting that Apple has just released a new GM of iOS 4.2 to developers, which addresses the Wi-Fi problem. Provided everything works okay with this latest GM and the Wi-Fi issues are put to bed, then we may be getting our hands on iOS 4.2 sometime next week.

Source: MacStories via Engadget

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works great for me! And so does AirPrint which was a feature I was really excited about!

Frezing Phoenix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. Yup i've been experiencing this bug for a few weeks and now I know why! It is rare but sometimes [im guessing occasionally after sleep] my wifi cuts or I am connected but I can't surf on my ipad while the rest of gadgets at home are fine. Will upgrade to the second GM tonight [ends with b] to see if it is resolved. Cheers

Sylsurweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've experience lots and lots of wifi cuts. I was dreaming of the os 4.2 upgrade.

This afternoon, i just replace my old D-Link WBR-2310 router by a new Cisco (Linksys) E3000 wireless router.

I spend the last 3 hours on safari. NOT ONE LITTLE CUT.

Is that wifi problem, is really an iPad problem? Don't know, but mine's over!:D

CHT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I was away all weekend and figured I'd be the last one to upgrade. Glad I came here first to read the updates. Thanks.

In other news, I took my iPad on a weekend get away to a cabin with some friends. I don't have the 3G and the cabin didn't have wireless, but my iPad was a hit with all the games I have loaded on it. Most people there had never seen one in person. :D

Most reactions