What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Beta 2 Download

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Attached is the view that slays me.

Gloup’s you got the first 80GB iPad :D this will be a collector …

More seriously do you try to reset it ?? … what iTunes say concerning the memory size because this can be a Vista problem too

iTunes reports the memory size correctly using Windows 7 64-bit. It's just the Windows 7 file management that reports it with a huge amount of memory.

Reset does not affect what Windows file management reports! :)

Happy to know that … so you can do nothing about that … or maybe ask in M$ forum because i am sure you are not the only one to have this kind of problem … i can’t help you as i turn to Mac and i am satisfied :)

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm....

On the iPad itself, there is a complete copy of "iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore.ipsw"

456 MB

I wonder what circumstances cause it to trigger.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm....

On the iPad itself, there is a complete copy of "iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore.ipsw"

456 MB

in your iPad or in your iTunes ???

i don’t know how you can find this file in your iPad , only if you JB it and have set some storage place but is no use as if you need it that mean your device is frozen or in restore mode

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm....

456 MB

in your iPad or in your iTunes ???

i don’t know how you can find this file in your iPad , only if you JB it and have set some storage place but is no use as if you need it that mean your device is frozen or in restore mode

It is in the visible drive space of the iPad, and the iPad claims that it has a storage drive that totals over 81 GB.

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm....

456 MB

Probably a hard reset... this could take upto 15 minutes

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just updated and loving it except one thing
The switch above the volume buttons that acted as a screen orientation lock now became a mute/unmute switch. wth... I want screen orientation lock to come back =\

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want screen orientation lock to come back
I agree that making that switch a mute button is a pretty dumb idea! There is still an orientation lock, its just somewhere else! Double tap the Home button to open the multi-tasking bar and slide it to the right. This will bring up the iPod functions and the screen orientation lock!

ipad46.jpg

hane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
New to the Ipad. How much file space will the new OS take on the IPAd? Is it a large file? Thanks,

:ipad-peacock: Hane
IPAD 16gb Wifi

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably about the same amount of space is the current iOS. You can only run one iOS at a time so you shouldn't notice any difference in available space. I have iOS 4.2 and I honestly did not check my available space before I upgraded.

Most reactions