iOS 4.1 in beta

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by MikesTooLz, Jul 14, 2010.

1. George Knighton

George Knighton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Regarding Backgrounder, all I can say is that most of us don't really have a use for it.

I've experimented with it on both the iPad and iPhone. I disabled the iOS 4 multi-tasking and put Backgrounder on and found that it did not really enhance the experience over using iOS 4.

I understand the difference. I know that it is possible to configure something to really be "running" with Backgrounder just as if the application were still in the foreground. But I never found that I ever really need that, and it's not like I am a lightweight user.

In other words, I am really looking forward to iOS 4.1 on the iPad. :)

2. Roi

Roi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm not quite sure, but I suppose that iOS may be adapting the same logic of using memory as Mac OS X, the percentage that you see in the OS X does not really reflect the level that the services and applications required. The fact is, they do occupied more memory when you got more installed.

3. cgue753

cgue753
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I heard from a friend of mine inside Apples developing sector that iOS 4 for iPad is coming out early september.

4. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    This sucks, it's Fall, and still no word. :(

5. Giancarlo

Giancarlo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No word about ipad os or current jb :/

6. Roi

Roi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I guess the Sep 7 Event most likely will release the iOS 4 for iPad.

7. alan111

alan111
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I hope that we actually do get it on Sep 7. I'm dying to jb my ipad, but I have 3.2.2. I really want to either jb or have 4.0 for the multitasking. Seems like a very imp feature to me

8. KAG

KAG
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

Do you know if upgraded OS will possibly provide some version of Flash or means to listen to live audio while usin another ap? Do you know of any other means to stream music while working in another ap?

9. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    No, it will not offer flash support. Currently you can listen to most streaming audio services by downloading TuneMark (free from the app store). It will allow you to launch a stream in Safari (which will allow you to close and use another app without it closing the stream).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNFO5hjVP9BCD1YUIXL92mGX6IY3FA&cad=rja