What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.1.1 Update To Be Released Soon, May Patch Limera1n Jailbreak

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It means that if you want to Jailbreak your iOS 4.x device that you will have do it through a computer not that you won't be able to anymore at all.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be annoying really,besides what did the author mean by"it's just a minor update"? I mean ios 4 is a complete new version with lots of great stuff for iPad.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would be annoying really,besides what did the author mean by"it's just a minor update"? I mean ios 4 is a complete new version with lots of great stuff for iPad.

iOS version 4.1.1 has nothing to do with the Ipad in the first place. The first version of 4.x firmware that will have iPad support is 4.2. This update that Apple is releasing probably just patches the exploit that limera1n uses, and even then only for devices that are already on 4.x firmware (iPhone, etc.).

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay,thought it's related to iPhone first but then when I looked at the address bar I thought okay it's an iPad forum so this must somehow relate to iPad and hence the confusion.

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be precise, 4.1.1 is supposed to patch the exploit that enables the limera1n jailbreak to be untethered. If it really will be released it would mean that limera1n is still working BUT it would be tethered what means you would have to connect it to your computer and "'make it rain" whenever you have to reboot it.

According to geohot the jailbreak exploit itself can't be patched via software, they would have to change the hardware.

Most reactions

Latest posts