What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS.13.n Protect apps from deletion

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In previous iOS versions, there has been a facility to prevent apps being deleted without entering the passcode. I used this, and the ability to prevent in-app purchases, to prevent my inquisitive Grandchildren from doing things that they oughtn't!

Now that I am on iOS.13.n, last night I wanted to delete and reinstall a troublesome app - but found the delete protection set to on, presumably carried over from the previous versions of iOS - and for the life of me I cannot find where Apple have hidden the On/off toggle for app deletion, purchases, etc.requiring a passcode.

I've attempted to search the interwebbything but to no avail.

Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me where I can now find these useful options?

many thanks in advance.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Many thanks - there's some twisted logic in hiding it there! I wouldn't have connected Screen Time (something which is of absolutely no interest to me - I'm no fan of Dark Mode either for that matte, but I digress) with protecting my iPad from roaming Grandchildren's' enquiring little fingers!

App now deleted and reinstalled.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts