iOS 11 Problems and Issues Thread

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by iDan, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Johanna - yep, the above were all discussed in the MacForums thread link w/ a bunch of screenshots that I left - typically, when Airplane Mode (AM) is selected in the new Control Center, the symbol turns orange (red?) and the other 3 symbols are dimmed w/ a cross mark, as shown in the first pic below from your link - however, when I hit AM on my iPad, nothing happens w/ the other 3 symbols (see 2nd pic from my device) - now on my wife's devices (11.0.2 also), when AM is activated, then all three other symbols behave correctly, both in the Control Center and in Settings. I've RESET my iPad 3x over several days w/ no effect - believe that it's a software installation 'error' on my device - I'll be on an airplane in a month and will simply go into Settings and turn off BT & Wi-Fi, unless a new update is released that corrects my issue - really not a big problem. Thanks again - Dave

ADDENDUM (Oct 8): Well, for some reason, AM will now 'turn off' Wi-Fi & AirDrop (but not BT) in both the Control Center & Settings; so maybe if I wait a few more days, BT too will be affected - scratching my head! ;)
    AP1.png AP2.png

#71 giradman, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. LannyC

LannyC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    To answer my own question, YES. For some unfathomable reason, the switch is now under Accessibility, as if wanting a comfortable viewing level were some sort of disability or birth defect.

And remember, disabling the various radios (BT, wifi, cellular) in the iOS 11 control center does not mean they are turned off. They might still be draining your battery, despite not doing anything useful. I don't understand this well enough yet to offer a solution. Very confusing, changes with no upside. Apple's increasing arrogance is simply breathtaking...

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If you tap-hold in the “On My iPad” screen you can get the popup menu with the ‘info’ option. The name of the folder suggests that this area is only for File Provider apps that have a local storage option.

Looking at the apps that show up in ‘On My iPad) suggests that it exists mostly as an place for older apps that have not updated their local storage methods for a couple of iOS versions.

Apps that show up at the top level of the Folder app are also local storage (unless they are specificaly cloud storage apps). This includes some of my most used and up-to-date appes.

My guess is that Apple is preventing the creation of folders in the ‘On My iPad’ folder because they plan on removing it sometime in the future, and don’t want to risk users losing or having to migrate their data.

At this time there does not appear to be a way of creating a local folder on the iPad that is both app and cloud service independent.

4. DenaliBoy

DenaliBoy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just updated to IOS 11.0.2 and Im now unable to open Netflix, either via wifi or cellular. Attempts for about 15 seconds to open and then just closes and returns to my folder which contains a variety of entertainment apps--no problem opening you've, amazon prime, etc. Just Netflix, which worked fine prior to IOS 11. Any ideaS?

5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to iPad Forums!

Force close the app (swipe upwards from the bottom to show dock, Control Centre and App Switcher). Then slide the Netflix thumbnail towards the top of the screen.

Then restart your iPad - turn it off and on again.

Hope that helps.

6. Tanikaze

Tanikaze
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Updated ipad Mini 4 to the latest iOS 11.0.2. However the device keeps turning off and on, resetting itself (the spinning circle icon is displayed). I read other devices had this issue in previous iOS versions and I have tried to erase all data and start over. However I am unable to do this because it always resets itself in the middle of erasing itself and I'm back at the beginning.

I know I'm unable to downgrade to previous iOS versions but I can't think of what else could be the cause of this (earlier iOS 11 versions were OK). Appreciate any suggestions for fix; otherwise I sure hope Apple issues a new iOS 11.0.3 STAT that doesn't take long to install!

7. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to iPad Forums!

Try connecting it to iTunes, and restore it that way.

8. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    In post #45 I described a bug with Memo crashing and deleting a file in Photos. Further to this, Memo crashes when you try to delete the active memo page. If you change to another page; make that active by making a mark, etc., the page you are trying to delete can now be deleted without Memo crashing. (No idea how or why it deleted the photo, but at least I may be able to stop Memo crashing.)

(Reported via the Apple Feedback Form, which I have now bookmarked as it seems to be getting a lot of use!)

9. NSquirrel

NSquirrel
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    And just to add to post #78 I have just noticed that another two screenshots, in Photos, have been totally deleted by the System/ Memo and not by me! Fortunately they were not important...

10. lver1969

lver1969
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I can not flip my view screen during Facetime on my Ipad after the update.