What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 11 Problems and Issues Thread

amylyn1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It’s working now. I restarted my iPad for the second time and now it’s working fine. Weird glitch.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to install iOS 11 and get rid of the nagging for two-factor and passcode. I do not use them.
You’re going to periodically get reminders asking if you want to activate two factor authentication. Two factor authentication can be a pain when you have to enter the authentication number and have no other trusted devices with you that can receive the authentication code.
Not having a passcode on your iPad is a security issue and means that anybody can access anything on your iPad. You need a passcode to use Touch ID and Apple Pay.

Lindaubry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lindaubrey: which iPad and can you suggest a problem website so that others can check for you, please?

I have the iPad Air2
Here is a link to a webpage that keeps crashing on me. I have not had a problem today with any others and I can’t remember the exact ones I had a problem with the other day. I’ll make a note of any in the future though.
Republic Wireless Community - Republic Wireless Community Help and Support
Lindaubrey: which iPad and can you suggest a problem website so that others can check for you, please?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, Thank You for your input. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Try going to Settings > Safari and Clear History and Website Data. Sometimes sites can be accumulate data and/or cookies that will cause problems. Hold in mind that this will also clear any persistant log-ins you have. All sites will require you to re-enter you user name and password.

Also, if you haven’t shut-down and restarted your iPad recently; it’s a good idea to do this once a month or so. It clears out system errors and frees up RAM. Low RAM is the most common cause of sites reloading. This is more likely to happen with older iPads, which have less RAM than newer modles.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lindaubrey: Thanks for posting link and you will be relieved to know that you are not alone! The page loaded, then reloaded when I touched the screen in order to scroll down then crashed. Webpage now has ‘A problem repeatedley occured on...’

So as to the cause? No idea. Perhaps email the people running the webpage?

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lindaubrey: Just had another thought. I copied the link to another browser on my air 2, which is an old copy of Mercury, and that does not seem to have any problems. So something to do with Safari/ ios11.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it’s the website. First, I opened it in Safari, and it also didn’t work.
Then I've tried opening it in Chrome, and got this
C731F17D-486C-47E7-A0CC-6FF889D86439.png

You could try sending feedback to Apple:
Feedback - iPad - Apple

It would be more important to contact the owner of the website and tell them about it, imo.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Something I have noticed with the control centre is that at times on swiping up, to go to the control centre, I get either a flickering thin white bar to the left hand side or similar across the top.

Another minor point: I find that I have to slow down my swipe as I have been swiping too fast.

And... To my mind, it is a pity they changed the swipe methods. 4 fingers up used to take me to the home screen, now the control centre; the home screen needs 4 fingers plus thumb pinch

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Three fingers plus thumb pinch is also possible. I've been using that gesture since I’ve got to know it, years ago, to get to the home screen quickly without using the Home button.

4 finger swipe upwards took us to the App Switcher before iOS 11.

If you find more glitches, send feedback to Apple:
Feedback - iPad - Apple
They certainly want to know about it.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks J.A. and for the link. Thinking more about the flickering white band, I think it occurs after a screen shot, followed by editing the screeenshot and then going to the control centre.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you don’t need the four finger swipe up to get to the Control Center/App Switcher screen. A single finger swipe from the bottom edge to about mid screen works. A shorter swipe from the bottom edge pulls up the dock (when you are in an app).

In my experience the single finger swipe can be quite fast. Thats on an iPad Pro. Older devices may not respond as quickly.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another bug for the feedback link. Memo

For better or worse I like to start the day off with a Sudoku and a Futoshiki. Both come from daily websites, so I take a screenshot, but do not edit. Then I open up Memo, import the screenshots and do the two on one or two new Memo pages, which I then delete at the end. (Also I have 3 or 4 other Memo sheets with useful jottings on, so Memo always has a few pages of notes.)

A couple of times now, since using ios11, I have noticed that on deleting the Memo page, Memo has crashed. I tried to delete the page a couple of times and it crashed each time. So I did an iPad reset and went back to Memo. The page was still there, complete with last completed screenshot, and it crashed yet again when I tried to delete it. So I cleared all on the page; went to another page, which I made active. Closing and opening Memo I found that the rogue page had now gone. (If you start a new Memo page, but then close Memo before editing the new page, the page is automatically deleted so that Memo does not end up with loads of blank pages.)

Next - and this is the worrying bit: once done, I always go to delete the screen shots in Photos, and they are, as usual, then put into the Photos deleted folder. This time, though, the screenshots were now no longer in Photos, where I expected them to be, and not in the deleted folder! My iPad reset, I assume, cleared the two screenshots completely. Fortunately other screenshots of other webpages, photos, etc. are still all in Photos, and similar previous screenshots from other days are still in the deleted folder as I would have expected waiting for me to clear the lot.

Strange and somewhat worrying uf something more useful is unexpectedly deleted.

(Apologies for the long description, but the sequence may be important.)

Most reactions

Latest posts