What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 11 Problems and Issues Thread

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forget the iPhone l’m topping out at iOS 10.3.
Just removed the file from the Dock thanks very much.
And l now have Setting in my Dock so when a member says oh to do this or that l will be on it like a Rabbit [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Glad to help. :)

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Minor issue.
With Bluetooth when my headphones are connected to iPad Air 2 l have a battery indicator or a headphone sign. It is now no longer there.
I have confirmed connection and done a Black Screen Reset.

It is still available on my iPhone 5s on iOS 10.3

Any ideas Thanks in advance

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Minor: Safari ‘favourites’ drop down list, from the ‘...’ at the right end of the menu bar, used to be the full length of my iPad, but now seems to be limited to 12 items and so I have to scroll down to see the rest.

floridarosie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I had a duplicate mail and deleted one. I lost the gmail that apple had installed. Now it won’t let me put it back. It says I already have it

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I thought I had a duplicate mail and deleted one. I lost the gmail that apple had installed. Now it won’t let me put it back. It says I already have it

Swipe down in the middle of the home screen to get spotlight search. Enter Gmail in the search field. If the Gmail app shows up in the Application results, then the app is still installed somewhereon the iPad; probably hidden in a folder or a seldom used home screen.

266EEA7B-0BE5-4835-9E13-C9B70E33DFFF.jpeg

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another minor: Notes and Contacts settings allow the default email account to be chosen and may not be what you assume to be your default. I noticed that Ios11 seems to have picked the wrong one on Contacts and as it asked for the password, I quickly changed it to my usual account.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another minor: concerns ios11, Readdle documents and Safari. If I use Create PDF, on Safari, and export to Readdle Documents, I am unable to transfer the PDF onto either a Windows shared drive or on my router shared drive. I can transfer other PDFs, e.g books, etc., from Documents with no problem and if I export the pdf from Safari to File Browser, I am able to transfer on successfully. Readdle Documents has several tries to transfer but fails in the final <1%.

Not sure which is to blame, but could be something to do with ios11/Safari pdf formal. No doubt it will be fixed in due time.

(Also, if anyone is using it, To PDF, by dar-soft no longer seems to produce PDFs with ios11 and dar- soft had said tha they would cease supporting ios a while back.j

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the Documents app. I hadn’t noticed it, but at this point I only save files directly to an app if it does not show up in the Files app browser. Even then, I’m mostly saving to the iCloud folder of the Documents app, not the local folder. That way the documents are available on the iPhone, iPad, and the icloud.com site if needed.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet. I have emailed Readdle support wrt the problem.

Lindaubry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since installing iOS11, I am having a frequent problem with web sites crashing. They load for maybe 5 seconds and then reload every 5 seconds with an error message. Not all web sites, but enough to be frustrating.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lindaubrey: which iPad and can you suggest a problem website so that others can check for you, please?

Fran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to install iOS 11 and get rid of the nagging for two-factor and passcode. I do not use them.

amylyn1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’m having a problem. When I’m using Safari or an app and want to go to the home screen I can no longer just hit the home button. It does nothing. Now I have to hit the home button twice and it goes to the open apps/control center screen. So annoying! Is this a new feature or a glitch?

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If l have understood your question correctly, l press the home button once and it opens the normal home screen.

amylyn1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If l have understood your question correctly, l press the home button once and it opens the normal home screen.

Yes, mine no longer goes to the home screen. If I hit the home button once it does nothing and stays on the screen I’m on. I have to double tap the home button and then it goes to the open apps screen/control center.

Most reactions

Latest posts