What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 10 Clock

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just went to check the world clock, as I needed the time in another country, and found that the background is now black, with white numbers/ letters. Apparently this is fixed. Personally I preferred the iOS 9 display.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, you're not alone - here's a lively discussion in the Apple Communities - for me, I use mainly the 'Timer' and 'Alarm' while on the road - often activate them w/ the hotel room lights off, so might be easily to see - don't know since I've not tried yet? Dave :)

P.S. I see no 'Clock Icon' in Settings to make adjustments nor w/i the app - will be curious if Apple adds these options in an upcoming update, i.e. if enough users complain?

Last edited:
OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks giradman. I often wonder with minor changes like the above; do they do it just to say that they have made a change? Does anyone think about how users use it (use-case)?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Like any other design choice, fads and trends abound. Dark themes are on the rise, so that's probably part of it. Another part might be consistency between devices. Dark themes are preferable on the AppleWatch because OLED screens use less power the darker the screen. I've notice that the world clock on the AppleWatch has changed to the same color scheme graphics.

That's not true of iPad's and iPhones, but there are rumors (and have been for a while) that our bigger devices will also use OLED screens in the near future. So maybe its leading for that. Of course those rumors have been around for a while, so probably not. I don't believe OLED screens can provide the same pixle density and brightness as the curren screens, and Apple is unlikely to go backwards on screens quality 'just' to save some power.

Most reactions

Latest posts