What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

io5 and multiple windows

anicca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just upgraded to io5, and all went well apart from the fact that we can't keep multiple windows open..Well, at
least I don't know how to do it. Before I could minimize the window and keep them there for as long as I wanted.

Now when I open a second window, the first one still appear in the tools bar but suddenly vanishes and is forever
lost. Let alone more than two windows, that's extremely annoying.

Am I missing something? Anyone can enlighten me please? I just can't believe that this is the way I think it is.

Just now I was writing this post and then I checked something on Google and the Ipad forum had turned into
nothing together with my post.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari's display changed to tabs with iOS 5. There's no option to go back to the previous display.

OP
A

anicca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh dear, any other browser I could use to open more than ine window?
I just don't understand how people can come with this.

Thanks, anyway.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Anicca - sorry about your problem, but I'm having some difficulty understanding your issue(s) - I'm assuming that you are talking about Safari? If so and as already stated, tabbing is now used for multiple windows - once you open another tab, your previous ones should still remain at the top and can be easily re-opened - are you stating that these 'non-open' tabs at the top are disappearing on you?

If so, trying 'force closing' Safari (just open the multi-taskbar by double tapping the home button; press & hold the app until the icon jiggles; press the minus button; return to the home screen and try again) - if not successful, then 'Restart' or 'Reset' the iPad.

The other browser that I have on my iPad is Atomic Web - others certainly exist and have been discussed in a number of threads & posts, so some searching may help w/ recommendations - good luck and please post back to clarify your question!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If OP is not familiar with using tabs on browsers: Hit the plus sign on the upper right to open additional pages in Safari (and other browser apps).

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so u can have 2 web pages open on the ipad and surf them both thats wht i do i all ways have 2 tabs open
one for this site and my other hobbys like video games and home theather web sites lol

Most reactions

Latest posts