What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"invisible". Attachments

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had two occasions where I was emailed a jpg attachment, but the attachment icon is not visible in the body of the email.

So far the only way I could view the attachment was to forward it to another email service, in this case Gmail.

Why cannot I see this attachment on my regular email account (charter)?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't think I can help with this, but lets ask a few questions to be sure.

Were you using the Mail app or using Safari to go to the site of the first account?

Does this happen all the time, or just occasionally with this account?

Is there anything different about the files that did not show, like being bigger than most or missing their extension (.jpg)?

OP
Parrori1

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think I can help with this, but lets ask a few questions to be sure.

Were you using the Mail app or using Safari to go to the site of the first account?

Does this happen all the time, or just occasionally with this account?

Is there anything different about the files that did not show, like being bigger than most or missing their extension (.jpg)?

I am using the mail app. On the body of the email the attachment does't show. You only know there is an attachment is by the "clip" in the inbox listing.

The pics when mailed to Gmail had the jpg ext. showing. Both pics were very small compared to the usual.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I was right the first time. I'm stumped.

Since it seems to be account specific I'd take a look through your account's email settings on the provider's site. I can't think of anything on the iPad that should make it act differently from the GMail account for attachments.

Good luck, and sorry I couldn't help.

OP
Parrori1

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. At least i have a workaround. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions