Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Woodsie, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Woodsie

Woodsie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi. My name is Lynn and I need some help with my IPad mini2. Recently the pages have been turning very slowly when I tap. If I feel I've waited long enough and tap it again it skips two pages

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello Lynn - welcome to the forum! Please tell us which iOS is installed on your iPad? Also, which app(s) is/are misbehaving and are you using the Internet at the time, e.g. browsing?

For starters, 'Force Close' the offending app(s) - enter the 'multitask selector screen' by quickly double tapping the home button; then drag the app(s) to the top. If not, effective, I would suggest that you 'Reset' the iPad – hold the ON-OFF & HOME buttons together until the Apple logo appears, release and allow the device to reboot - let us know if any of these maneuvers helps. :)

3. Woodsie

Woodsie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    IOS 9.2.1 IS INSTALLED ON MY IPAD. I use my iPad mainly for reading library books and some google searches. The app to download the books is Overdrive. If I 'Reset the iPad will I lose anything?

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The kind of reset mentioned by @giradman won't remove data or change settings.

5. Woodsie

Woodsie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Problem solved. Thanks for your help

6. Woodsie

Woodsie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The reset was a short lived fix. Now I have to tap the page 4 or 5 times to get it to turn and then it skips a page. Any suggestions what to try next?

7. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi again Lynn - please review the quote below and make sure that you performed the 'Reset' properly (need to press both buttons); if not, then try again.

Now, if you are having problems w/ just one app, i.e. OverDrive, then I would suggest deleting the app and doing a reinstallation - there may be corrupted code that would be corrected. Good luck - Dave :)

8. Woodsie

Woodsie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes I did the reset correctly twice. Sorry but I need a little hand holding here. When I double tap the home button I see a mostly blank page with a line across the bottom and underneath that It shows 'featured, 'tag charts', 'explore', 'purchased', and 'updates'

9. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Sorry Lynn for your continued issue - :( The double tap (quickly) on the HOME button should bring up the 'app switcher' screen (see pic below from my iPad) - open apps can be brought to front by flicking horizontally - then to 'Force Close' one, simply drag an app to the top and off the screen.

Now, if OverDrive is the only offending app, then delete and re-install - good luck. Dave :)
    IMG_5152.PNG

10. Woodsie

Woodsie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    No. I don't get there. It sounds like the app has be open. The problem is when I open Overdrive it goes directly to the library book I'm reading.