What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction - pknewman

pknewman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new iPad user. I also use an iMac & iPhone. I have found many uses already for my iPad. More than anything I miss the iPad not having a USB port. I had planned using my iPad instead of my laptop to process credit cards for my seasonal business. My card reader requires a USB port.

I love the iBooks App in my iPad. But I went to the Gutenberg website, downloaded a free audiobook in mp3 format. Now I can't find where it was stored on my iPad!

I hope to become better educated about the features of my iPad on this forum. Thx for having me!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum...you'll find a great bunch of iPad enthusiasts here who are only too willing to help you with any problems that you may have.

Yes, connecting a credit card reader to the iPad is a challenge!! As you've discovered, I doubt that it's possible because the iPad's dock-to-USB connector has very restricted functionality.

The audiobooks issue is probably (hopefully!) easier. Music and audio files that are downloaded to the iPad 'end up' in the iPad's native iPod app. Have a look there and see if you can see it..

Maybe other Forum members will have some suggestions to help with your credit card problem. For sure, the iPad syncs via its USB connector to a PC and third-party apps, like GoodReader, use that USB connection too, so maybe there is something out there - but, at the very least, I suspect it would require a custom app.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions