What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

introduction -- I hope this is how you do it!

hostadocta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi:

This is a journey back to apple. Started with AppleII, switched to PPC about 15 years ago. My grandkids, and kids love their Macs and I pads, so for my 70th my wife got me an Ipad2. I love it. Joined then forum to pick youger brains, but so far only one problem.

I have Penultimate ap. When I load a photo, it does not go onto my monitor when I use my VGA adapte -- any
toughts?

I guess I have one other question, when using the keyboard on my Ipad is there any way to back arrow without
deleting?

I am using N-Back and fighting to keep my brain in shape.

Thanks,

Jim -- Hostadocta

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Jim - welcome to the forum! :)

I'm one of the oldsters here and just recently retired - actually started w/ an Apple II+ in 1980, switched to PCs, and now have an iPod & iPad!

The Penultimate app is not on my iPad but may be one that I'd like to try - might want to explain the adapter being used & the TV brand/model/type?

Concerning the KB, I have the Apple BT keyboard and the functions can be somewhat limited compared to the PC options - you kind of stuck w/ lesser options - :( Dave

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Jim and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not exactly sure what it is that you are trying to do, but the ability to import pictures has just been added to Penultimate and may be flawed so you might want to contact them directly.

There is no way that I know of to back arrow on the iPad's virtual keyboard without deleting other than just touching the keyboard. This can be done with an external keyboard such as the Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Instead of back arrow, tap and hold near where you want the cursor to be. A magnifying glass will appear and let you place the cursor with a fair amount of accuracy. Practice helps. When you release a popup menu will appear with a few options. You can use them or just start typing.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I meant to say "touching the screen" instead of "touching the keyboard." :)

Most reactions