What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

introduction/ charging difficulties

usman009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Usman and I own an ipad 16gb wifi, am usually the kind of person that helps people solve gadget problems but this being my first apple product, I thought maybe this time I should consult others before I go round bricking peoples ipads and stuff, I've successfully jailbroken my ipad thou (with the help of google) but am still having an annoying charging problem with my ipad, when it drains below about 35% it takes ages to come back up to 100% agin, so I need help, will be expecting someones reply as soon as possible please, thank you :)

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are you using to charge it with? If you are using your USB port, it will charge slowly, that's normal. If your using a iPhone charger it is also slow. For faster charging use the iPad charger.

OP
U

usman009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still having problems

I use my normal 10watt charger the one that came with the ipad connected to a normal wall socket, and it charges perfectly, its just that it misbehaves when it gets below about 30%, am beginning to think its a hardware problem. Thanks for ur reply

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to let it run down until it shuts off, and then recharge, this is suppose to reset the battery meter per Apple. Might be the problem? Can't hurt, and it just might fix it.

Also, try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding charging via a USB port, if you download a utility from Asus called AiCharger, it will charge your iPad through any USB port at full power.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This software AiCharger only works with certain Asus motherboards, and seems to cause all kinds of other problems, crashing computer regularly with BSOD, which many people have a very hard time recovering from.

My advice, don't even try to use it, even if you have a motherboard that supports it.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using it on three computers, none of which have an asus motherboard, haven't had one problem or crash.

OP
U

usman009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Av solved it, it turns out the ipad resets the battery after u exhoust it to 0%

OP
U

usman009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once it shuts down on its own, I plugged it in and it booted at 2% from then it was smooth sailing to 100%

Most reactions