What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction and a help question(pass protect certain items)

Rohansays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My names is rohan shetty. I am a 26 year old biz owner that lives in va beach.

My first question is can you pass protect certain apps, like links to websites where my password is already stored. I apparently bought the community iPad!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Offhand, I don't think so, but there are some data-protection apps out there. An ideal solution would be to find some way for other people to use a different browser, as they don't share cookies. My nephews kidnap my iPad whenever I come over, but they use Safari rather than Atomic, so no issue until they figure out it's a beter browser.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AFAIK you can't password protect apps themselves. What you can do is use an app that will password protect documents.

I use one called Stash which stores personal and business details. They are read only (haven't tried cutting and pasting), but it stops other users from accessing them so I can pass round my pad without worrying. Hth.

Most reactions