What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro

zoocurator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just joined this forum to help learn more about my ipad2. Not the latest, but hopefully should be suitable to my needs. My name is Vic and I have 2 careers and a family (wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 hedgehog, and 1 coatimundi....a typical American
family. During the week I program legacy systems and am learning (please don't shoot me) vb .Net on the job. On
weekends I help run a zoo. I have raised almost all species of large cats, work directly with endangered animals from all over the world. I consider this my passion job.

As mentioned I hope to learn more about how to better utilize the ipad to serve not just for Facebook and email, but also to help with productivity. I donot have an iPhone at this time, just an android called Commando. Only reason for getting it vs the iPhone was durability. I get soaked working inches from my tiger, I get pounced on by leopards, or coatis, or other fun loving animals, and needed something that would not break.

Regards, Vic

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just joined this forum to help learn more about my ipad2. Not the latest, but hopefully should be suitable to my needs. My name is Vic and I have 2 careers and a family (wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 hedgehog, and 1 coatimundi....a typical American
family. During the week I program legacy systems and am learning (please don't shoot me) vb .Net on the job. On
weekends I help run a zoo. I have raised almost all species of large cats, work directly with endangered animals from all over the world. I consider this my passion job.

As mentioned I hope to learn more about how to better utilize the ipad to serve not just for Facebook and email, but also to help with productivity. I donot have an iPhone at this time, just an android called Commando. Only reason for getting it vs the iPhone was durability. I get soaked working inches from my tiger, I get pounced on by leopards, or coatis, or other fun loving animals, and needed something that would not break.

Regards, Vic

Welcome to the forums zoocurator! The first thought to come to mind was, "what the hell do you do in your spare time?" A marvellous intro, thank you. Doubtful if anyone is going to say to you, "get a life". The iPad is quite a durable machine, but I wouldn't recommend you give it to a leopard to chew on it. You'll enjoy this forum. Great people and happy to help with any iPad problem.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
zoocurator

zoocurator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
Welcome to the forums zoocurator! The first thought to come to mind was, "what the hell do you do in your spare time?"dde1d A marvellous intro, thank you. Doubtful if anyone is going to say to you, "get a life". The iPad is quite a durable machine, but I wouldn't recommend you give it to a leopard to chew on it. You'll enjoy this forum. Great people and happy to help with any iPad problem.
Regards, Andrewddc28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome. Re: "spare time" = whatever my wife asks ;)

Most reactions