What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro

Salty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi one and all,

I got myself a 32 gig wifi for Christmas I am still trying to find my way around it not being very computer literate. A couple of questions on the forum to start off with. How do I post a query or observation and how do I see any replies to the threads I post?

Likewise, not being familiar with forums what is meant by tags and trackbacks?

Hopefully I will be able to access any response to this posting.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, if you didn't mess with the default settings you are going to get this answer in an email notification. Step one solved.

When you log onto the forum you will see a User CP tab at the top of the screen. Choose this and you will see all the threads that you've subscribed to, and have unread replies. Any thread (discussion) you start or reply too will automatically be added to your list of subscribed threads.

To post something in a thread you can scroll to the bottom and use the quick post option. If you want more control of how the post will look you can chose the advanced editor button. If you want to quote what was said in a post, hit the quote button. You'll be taken to the advanced editor and the post will be at the top, with some weird looking tags around it.

Tags are ways of telling the browser how to display text. If you select a bit of text in your post and chose one of the font, color, or other editing options you'll see more of them. You can tweak these manually, but until you have a better idea of how they work you are best just leaving them alone.

I let someone else answer the Trackback question, as I don't use it. For now, just leave it alone. It's not something most people need.

That should get you started. Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions