What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro From a Newby to Forum and a Apple Product!

Berean4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this site as I am totally new to "i" anything! Always been a PC/IBM man. My name is Tim, I live in cold country, upstate NY in the Finger Lakes Region, very nice area but often harsh winters temp wise and sometimes Snow wise too! I have been being bombarded with several health issues over the last several years. Been getting through them up until recently things are adding up to much and often bed ridden. Soooooooo, sold some of my toys and things that I probably won't have used again very often if at all and went and bought the iPad 4th Gen, 128gb, AT&T. I bought mine from Sam's Club Wholesale Store on-line because they offered the best extended warranty and covers more than the manufacturer, also no two year commitment as I own it outright, wanted Black but they only had White left in the AT&T 128 gig. I literally must have bought the last one as I searched again after my purchase to see if they got any Black ones in and they were totally sold out of all the 4G 128gb's! I figured why not get the 128gb, Apple will probably launch a 256gb by the time I learn how to use this one anyway! I'm not to old but have 5 children, 1 with the Lord, 4 here and 18 grandchildren, didn't plan it that way but such is life and they have been good medicine for me during my health issues as they love their "Papa". Okay, so not probably the techy intro your probably used to but I am hoping to learn more about my iPad and what it can do or can't do!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Tim and welcome.

That's a great intro!

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, etc. and iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the forum rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://help.apple.com/ipad/6/ and here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for iOS 4, 5, 6, etc.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/ and for iPhone users, come and join in the discussion over at http://www.iphoneforums.net

The Archangel

OP
Berean4Him

Berean4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, advice, and links. I did read the rules, and will abide by them. I appreciate the welcome and will also use the search as you suggested before making a Post. I did get the manual before I joined so have that on my computer. Sounds like things are family friendly here and that is greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning, I have a bare bones iPad, haven't added any apps or anything until I learn what they are all about. Added some music and was able to move my Kindle content over to the Books section so was quite impressed at the ability of an iPad right from the start! I check all my purchases through Consumer Reports and was considering a different brand until I saw the ratings for the iPad, top of the list for every model and category by several points! It was an easy choice and I'm sure I will enjoy it as well as put it to good use! Thanks again for the welcome!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, advice, and links. I did read the rules, and will abide by them. I appreciate the welcome and will also use the search as you suggested before making a Post. I did get the manual before I joined so have that on my computer. Sounds like things are family friendly here and that is greatly appreciated. I look forward to learning, I have a bare bones iPad, haven't added any apps or anything until I learn what they are all about. Added some music and was able to move my Kindle content over to the Books section so was quite impressed at the ability of an iPad right from the start! I check all my purchases through Consumer Reports and was considering a different brand until I saw the ratings for the iPad, top of the list for every model and category by several points! It was an easy choice and I'm sure I will enjoy it as well as put it to good use! Thanks again for the welcome!

Go get some apps, they are what brings this wonderful device to life, it's a great little machine and with a few good apps you'll be all set to enjoy it to it's full potential!

The Archangel

OP
Berean4Him

Berean4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I will, just reading up on everything. Learning a lot from the Posts here. Time to visit the app store! Thanks

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this site as I am totally new to "i" anything! Always been a PC/IBM man. My name is Tim, I live in cold country, upstate NY in the Finger Lakes Region, very nice area but often harsh winters temp wise and sometimes Snow wise too! I have been being bombarded with several health issues over the last several years. Been getting through them up until recently things are adding up to much and often bed ridden. Soooooooo, sold some of my toys and things that I probably won't have used again very often if at all and went and bought the iPad 4th Gen, 128gb, AT&T. I bought mine from Sam's Club Wholesale Store on-line because they offered the best extended warranty and covers more than the manufacturer, also no two year commitment as I own it outright, wanted Black but they only had White left in the AT&T 128 gig. I literally must have bought the last one as I searched again after my purchase to see if they got any Black ones in and they were totally sold out of all the 4G 128gb's! I figured why not get the 128gb, Apple will probably launch a 256gb by the time I learn how to use this one anyway! I'm not to old but have 5 children, 1 with the Lord, 4 here and 18 grandchildren, didn't plan it that way but such is life and they have been good medicine for me during my health issues as they love their "Papa". Okay, so not probably the techy intro your probably used to but I am hoping to learn more about my iPad and what it can do or can't do!

G'day Berean4Him and a warm welcome to the forum. A nice introduction there!

Sorry to hear of your current health problems but you seem to have instinctively taken steps to make "bed-time" more bearable and, although I'm no expert, I would think even therapeutic to keep the mind off worries and give it a new interest. You have chosen well in this by getting your iPad, and a good choice it is too with plenty of capacity and connectivity. That and a loving family around you will, I am sure, get you through easier in any of the more bluer days.

You are right, it is a family forum, safe and one of the nicest you can come across with membership approaching 300,000. Take the good advice of Gabriel1 above, get a bunch of apps from the Apple app store after using the forum search function to see what other members are finding to suit their interests. Then get stuck into your iPad:) You won't look back as it can take your mind off stuff completely and it may even get quite addictive. Of course, if you have any questions, just ask. This is an area in which this forum shines with many people happy to chip in to assist, no matter how technical an area you are covering. You will find the techie members here very impressive.

Enjoy your iPad,
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
Berean4Him

Berean4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a been a bit on the busy side which I will open in another thread shortly. I truly appreciate the kind welcomes! Thanks to all!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Tim. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your new toy! :)

From a fellow upstate NYer (also in the Finger Lakes region) - have great fun with it. And, always remember, we're here if you have questions.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts