What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet??

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just another crazy thought, you could download programmes from iPlayer on to your PC/Mac then load onto iTunes and sync to your iPad. You could do this in advance of your hospital stay and reduce your streaming requirements.

The Archangel

OP
Ladybird

Ladybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ohhh getting very tecky now !! But I did just downloaded TV catchup. You guys are all so clever.....I am learning slowly....very slowly.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
You could like, and bear with me as I know this might sound scarey, leave all electronic gadgets at home and take in a few old fashioned real books!

......I'll get my coat

What's a real book, is that like when you open the Smart Cover?

The Archangel

OP
Ladybird

Ladybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel, yes I could just give up and take a book in, but from experience I know it's not easy to concentrate when you are feeling sick. My iPad keeps me amused for hours, I love it and want to learn more.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ladybird said:
Gabriel, yes I could just give up and take a book in, but from experience I know it's not easy to concentrate when you are feeling sick. My iPad keeps me amused for hours, I love it and want to learn more.

I agree, having been in hospital myself this year I can vouch for the entertainment value of an iPad when stuck in a hospital bed.

The Archangel

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a note. Most of the responses to the OP appear to assume she is located in the UK (and perhaps that is the case.) But if she is located in the US, the choices for mifi (or as they're sometimes called, "mobile hotspots") are significantly different.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a note. Most of the responses to the OP appear to assume she is located in the UK (and perhaps that is the case.) But if she is located in the US, the choices for mifi (or as they're sometimes called, "mobile hotspots") are significantly different.

She's probably in the UK because of the wording of her original post ("into hospital") and reference to BBC's TV app, which is supposed to be usable only in the UK, unless you hide your IP (which sounds more technical than her posts).

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She's probably in the UK because of the wording of her original post ("into hospital") and reference to BBC's TV app, which is supposed to be usable only in the UK, unless you hide your IP (which sounds more technical than her posts).

Duh... OK. No excuse except that it was still early here in the US "Northwest" and the turkey effects only made that worse.

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked with the hospital to see if they have wifi ? You'd be surprised that many do nowadays.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Ladybird

Ladybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in sunny southport in the north west of England. Not checked the hospital about wifi yet..but wouldn't think they have it.

Most reactions

Latest posts