What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet via cable

ref5412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, is there any way to have an internet connection to our ipad or iphone via cable from our PC/MAC?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - I'm afraid not - 3G or WiFi only. But you can broadcast WiFi from a Windows PC or laptop that has WiFi (i.e make it into a WiFi hotspot) or purchase a WiFi dongle very cheaply.

Tim

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be picking up your WiFI from your wireless connection of your cable modem (if you have it setup for wireless).

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on your application. You can set up a PC with wireless to act as a wireless hub, but if you have to buy a dongle, a wireless router may be the most practical option. You would then have a base station for all devices with wifi. It all depends on the application.

PodFace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Companies are moving away from physical connections. Even gaming systems are using wireless controllers. I, for one, think this is a smart move.

velcis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do an Ad-Hoc from your PC to Wi-Fi for iPad.
Or buy an Apple Time Capsule.

;)

Most reactions

Latest posts