What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

internet use on ipad

alasad78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi

i need internet at work - and its not an office - its on the go.

i got advised that ipad is the best device out there.

just today someone told me that i will have to purchase additional programmes for me to use internet on the ipad.

Could anyone confirm this.

I do not need the ipad for anything but the internet 3 times a week for a 3 hours each time.

many thanks for your help

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two types of iPads: wifi only & wifi 3G - the 3G has monthly data plans. Cost is between 15 and 30 with limited and unlimited plans.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The internet is a big place, full of protocols and standards. No portable device supports them all. You need to be a bit more specific about your needs.

The iPad offers poor or no support for Flash or Silverlight.

So, if it's important then be specific about what you need to do. You can get a better answer that way.

Also, don't be shy about going to Apple's site and exploring the iPad's specs.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
9 hours a week on the iPad? I'll be using mine in the field as well.. But that seems excessive without an external keyboard lol (which I'll be buying and keeping in the truck)

Most reactions

Latest posts