What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet speed test app

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best iPad internet speed test app? I have "Speed Test for iPad" but it gives such inconsistent results that I don't believe the results.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The results are most likely correct. Everytime you start the test, the test is likely to have taken a different route to get to the server. Some routes are direct, some might be routed half way around the world, thus slower than the more direct routes. Everything effects speed, time of day, route, load on the net, breaking news stories and well everything else.

Fairwayman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please post some results from speedtest mobile app

Home wifi cox cable

22.76 Mbps dload
8.49 Mbps upload
40 ms ping

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_0038.PNG

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use Speed test Mobile app. When I test with the iPad alongside a PC the results are pretty much the same providing that all other apps on the iPad and all applications on the PC is closed.
It could also be useful to select the server from settings before starting the test. This should provide a reasonable consistent comparison when doing the tests from the same physical location.

Most reactions

Latest posts