What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet history disappeared after software update?

OP
C

Chocaholic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so confused:( is it more likely to have been done automatically or manually?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so confused:( is it more likely to have been done automatically or manually?

Manually for sure! Have you asked your husband if he did a few more "cleaning" tasks to your iPad. Maybe he needed to and it's been a while that you haven't.

OP
C

Chocaholic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He says all he did was go on the net and do the system update

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He says all he did was go on the net and do the system update

Did he connect it to your computer to do that update or did he do it over the air (ota) with the iPad plugged to the main? Just curious.

You don't go to the "net" to do your update. You do do one or the other as mentioned above.

OP
C

Chocaholic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He said he went on the net to look at something then after did the update, it wasn't plugged in

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also...by chance have you tried to do a reset of your device.

Try this...press the power switch and the home button until the screen turns black and shuts off. Then turn back on and see if your history shows back up. This is typically recommended after any update is done.

Otherwise, not sure what else can be done.

OP
C

Chocaholic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I say the website data was reading 0.0 KB I mean that a limited list of sites were listed all with 0.0 KB at the side of each one?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I say the website data was reading 0.0 KB I mean that a limited list of sites were listed all with 0.0 KB at the side of each one?

Got it. It's still the same then. Sorry, I don't have any more to add to this. If your husband was on the Net, maybe he wanted to clear the history or so to reset it.

Most reactions

Latest posts