What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet connection with my wifi only ipad2 if i am at a place without wifi?

ad0586

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my ipad2 with wifi only. Most places I go to have wifi but some don't, and I really wanted to know my options. I have heard about buying a router, which I have to pay a month (which is fine) but I don't know how it works or how much it will cost. I have Internet at home and maybe I can upgrade my services to a "on the go" plan.... I have no idea.... Please help. Thanks

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf Some smart phone can be used as a hot spot wifi or they have just hot spot wifi from cell you can use them any were .or you could get the apple air port wifi router it is small you take with you or any small router that be good if just need at a hotel

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my ipad2 with wifi only. Most places I go to have wifi but some don't, and I really wanted to know my options. I have heard about buying a router, which I have to pay a month (which is fine) but I don't know how it works or how much it will cost. I have Internet at home and maybe I can upgrade my services to a "on the go" plan.... I have no idea.... Please help. Thanks

I am not sure which country you are in, otherwise I would have recommended some specific devices and services but what you're probably needing is either what the previous poster suggested - a phone configured as a WiFi hotspot - or a MiFi - a portable standalone WiFi hotspot that connects to the Internet via a 3G connection.

Have a look here for details of MiFi

MiFi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tim

OP
A

ad0586

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will definitely take a look at the Mifi. I live in Florida, USA. If there is any other options please keep it coming. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts