International Users

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by maringabrielle1, Jan 22, 2012.

1. maringabrielle1

maringabrielle1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are there accessibility restrictions for International users?
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,361 / 0
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure what you mean by restrictions, can you give some more info on this.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. maringabrielle1

maringabrielle1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, I am sorry for not explaining. Can international users access all the features of the iPad 2 or are some features blocked because of a non-US address? I
  4. hpulmer

hpulmer iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Hi!
    There are a few Apps that are not published (or at least not so soon) in other countries, so in order to get those you would need an Apple ID in US.
    All the features of the iPad are available all over the world, unless in your country (Interrnet access) the are any restrictions/ censoring (as i.e. in China you cannot access Twitter or Facebook).

Where are you?
  5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    FaceTime is not allowed in some countries. In those places, iPads bought will come with FaceTime missing.

iTunes store and apps store also vary from country to country. Some countries have no books, music or movies via iTunes, for instance.
  6. maringabrielle1

maringabrielle1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think this might be so. I am a first time owner of a Apple product and I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed to realize that I did not have access too the features you just mentioned.

Anyone knows why? We do pay for the same price and sometimes more.
  7. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    Depends on each country's laws. If that's the case, you'd have to discuss with your lawmakers. In some cases, there's probably not enough return on investment forecast by different companies. These are businesses looking to make money, first and foremost. It's not a public service.
  8. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,361 / 0
    Is it FaceTime that you don't have? It's not available in UAE, many have tried with workarounds and all have failed thus far. If its your App store, you can open an account with another country to access their apps. You will need an iTunes card from that country and these are available on the net and as you only need the number on it, this can be emailed to you. You will also need to set up another email account, I suggest a gmail account. As for an address in that country, some have just looked up an Apple store address and used this. Have a look here for some more info:-
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  9. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0
    You can set up a American account or British iTunes account. iTunes in each country has local music and apps as well as music and apps that are not affected by copyright laws. You can browse each countries iTunes store to see what they have. There are more details in the international forums regarding this. If you need further assistance just send me a PM
  10. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Welcome!