What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International sms/phone app?

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good app for the ipad that i can use to call/send.receive SMS messages to and from hong kong? Will i have to pay external charges for calling/texting to hong kong? Preferably, not.

Ive looked around and all i have seen so far are hkbn and textnow, but they arent working too well for me.

Thanks guys

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Yahoo Messenger to and from Hong Kong for free. Skype for free VoIP calls, both with video and without. I "bought" the free Yahoo app in the U.S. app store. I don't know whether it's available in the Hong Kong app store. It probably is, since Yahoo is big there.

OP
T

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion but its not quite what im looking for.

I have messenger already but i need/want an app that gives you a hk phone number and allows you to call hong kong phones with the ipad.

I cant use the video/computer calling suggestions because the other party im contacting doesnt have access to a computer, only a cell phone

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion but its not quite what im looking for.

I have messenger already but i need/want an app that gives you a hk phone number and allows you to call hong kong phones with the ipad.

I cant use the video/computer calling suggestions because the other party im contacting doesnt have access to a computer, only a cell phone

There's no such app as far as I know.

OP
T

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see. Wll in order to solve my problem, is there any downloadable software for my pc that allows me to do what i outlined?

Thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see. Wll in order to solve my problem, is there any downloadable software for my pc that allows me to do what i outlined?

Thanks

I don't know of any software that will assign you a Hong Kong phone number for free and let you call internationally to a cell phone-only number for free.

If your contact has only a regular cell phone, your best bet is to buy cheap time from Skype or its competitors, so you can call. They sometimes have free trials (in the form of credit), so you might see if you can find an offer and see if that works for you.

OP
T

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see. If anythign pops up that fits my outline, oculd you please let me know?

OP
T

Trex8692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya i definately will tell you on here if theres anything that even remotely sounds like what i want.

Idk if i can find any of these kinds of services for free, but i know paid applications exist somewhere. Just not always on ios i guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts