What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent AirPrint Problem

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an HP 8500A running the latest firmware, an iPad 2 running the latest iOS and a Linksys WRT610N router running the latest firmware. Unfortunately, I cannot get AirPrint to work consistently. I've read a number of threads on this topic but none of them seem to have a solution. AirPrint sometime works whenever I shut down and restart my iPad, but I then lose the connection after a few minutes. The connection rarely reappears and this has become very frustrating. All my other Bonjour services (AirPort Express, AppleTV) work perfectly and the printer prints wirelessly with no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
R

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: I connected the printer to my network via Ethernet and now my iPad sees the printer and I'm able to print via AirPrint. I assume this means that the problem lies with the router and not with either my iPad or the printer. Does that seem right? If yes, I'm wondering what I need to change on my router to get this to work. Anyone have any thoughts?

Most reactions