1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Intermittent AirPrint Problem

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by RMSko, Jun 11, 2011.

1. RMSko

RMSko iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an HP 8500A running the latest firmware, an iPad 2 running the latest iOS and a Linksys WRT610N router running the latest firmware. Unfortunately, I cannot get AirPrint to work consistently. I've read a number of threads on this topic but none of them seem to have a solution. AirPrint sometime works whenever I shut down and restart my iPad, but I then lose the connection after a few minutes. The connection rarely reappears and this has become very frustrating. All my other Bonjour services (AirPort Express, AppleTV) work perfectly and the printer prints wirelessly with no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. RMSko

RMSko iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    UPDATE: I connected the printer to my network via Ethernet and now my iPad sees the printer and I'm able to print via AirPrint. I assume this means that the problem lies with the router and not with either my iPad or the printer. Does that seem right? If yes, I'm wondering what I need to change on my router to get this to work. Anyone have any thoughts?