What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interface & DAW

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thing I am really looking forward to is using the'Pro' as a portable recording studio.
Have played around wth G-Band enough to know for me, it sucks.

So has anyone tried the new Zoom UAC-8 USB3 interface or the new Presonus Studio 192 USB3 interface with an iPad?
Both state they will work with an iOS device. And they will also work with my Windows studio machine.

Also been looking at Auria Pro. Wondering if there is a Reaper user that is also using Auria and can compare.

One last question, is anyone using Alesis DM10 e-drums for midi input of a drum vsti within the iOS environment?

Thanks,

Duff

OP
Duffman

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have spent some time looking into some of what I listed above.
Looks like I will be changing my DAW from REAPER to Presonus Studio One-v3.
Let me says up front I do not work for, I am not affiliated with Presonus in any way.
I am expressing my opinion, for my own experiences.

Gosh I hate to change DAWs and go through any round of learning curves. BUT, after much investigation it looks like Presonus Studio One is where I want to be. Seems they have a fully integrated set of apps so the PC and iPad will work together. My studio computer is Windows 7 Pro based machine. On that I will install the main program. On the iPad they have a remote, control surface app, for remote mixing and transport control. Also for the iPad they have Capture. A simple multi-track program that once you have "captured" your multi-track audio on your iPad you can then send it to your main machine via a 1 button push, for final mixing, rendering, and mastering.

Will be the end of this month before I have time to install and test. But if anyone is interested I am willing to write a review.....Anyone interested?

Duff

Most reactions

Latest posts