What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting dilemma with Cydia and locktopus

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I installed Locktopus and tried it out on the first folder I found...Cydia

Went to unlock it and it asked for password... I never set one that I could remember.

I might have installed locktopus on my iPhone a while back but deleted it.

I can't for the life of me remember the password I set there if indeed it carried it over. I tried everyone I have ever used no luck.

The long and short is I can't use Cydia on the iPad anymore. I would like to restore it back and start from scratch. 4.34 is out and I have saved my blobs prior to this happening. Shows 4.33 in list.

What should I do ...step by step as I haven't used tiny umbrella previously and is this the only way to reset it?

Thanks as always for the help

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's taking all my restraint not to LOL, but dude, that's pretty bad... Seriously? You set a password on Cydia then immediately forgot it... Doh!

Anyhoo, I shouldn't mock. Sorry.

I just helped a guy out, and your setup is exactly the same as his, so you should be able to follow exactly the same process. See how you get on with this - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...-i-without-shsh-blobs-saved-b.html#post276329

Note, you must use the latest TU released yesterday.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, before you do that, there must be a way to get locktopus disabled, right?

Do you have SBSettings?

If so, open it, go "More" and go "Mobile Substrate Addons" and scoll down and find locktopus and turn it off. Respring and see if that lets you into Cydia.

Or, try "Power" then "Safe Mode" and you should be able to start Cydia from there and remove locktopus.

Last edited:
OP
A

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes actually I didn't set a password that was the strange thing.... No option came up. I just hit the lock button waiting for password prompt....nothing

I have bad luck... If I didn't I would have no luck at all :)

Then clicked Cydia to open it and asked for password please. I realize of all things to lock.

I never got sbsettings... I'll try your power idea

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. Sorry for the ribbing. I thought you meant you set it and forgot it... :)

If you don't have SBSettings you won't get the safe mode option from power.

Did you install OpenSSH by chance?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold up. If you haven't set the password then it should be set to "password" which is the default. You set the locktopus password in the "Settings" app in the iPad! Try that...

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The default password for locktopus is password. Did u try that?

Sorry for saying the obvious.. But sometimes the easiest things are forotten

OP
A

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously ha ha no I didn't PASSWORD of course....yeah it worked

Missed that before I downloaded and tried then couldn't get back to Cydia.

Been a frustrating morning... Man you guys rock!!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts