What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Integrating iPad 3 into firefighting profession???

Orderbychaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I work at a local fire station and we purchased 4 iPads for our fireground officers. we are in the process of
Trying to integrate the iPad to use it with some of our everyday activities so far it's going ok but I have been having
Issue intergrating our map book which is currently a 3 ring binder with a list of all the streets in our fire district with a page number corresponding to the page that the street is on in the map book. When you turn to that page there is a hand drawn map (terrible I know) of that street with surrounding streets. I tried this with google maps but didn't
Have much luck maybe I'm doing something wrong but maybe some of you guys may know something that might be a little more friendly to use. Hope you guys can help.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Orderbychaos said:
Hello I work at a local fire station and we purchased 4 iPads for our fireground officers. we are in the process of
Trying to integrate the iPad to use it with some of our everyday activities so far it's going ok but I have been having
Issue intergrating our map book which is currently a 3 ring binder with a list of all the streets in our fire district with a page number corresponding to the page that the street is on in the map book. When you turn to that page there is a hand drawn map (terrible I know) of that street with surrounding streets. I tried this with google maps but didn't
Have much luck maybe I'm doing something wrong but maybe some of you guys may know something that might be a little more friendly to use. Hope you guys can help.

If you want to use Google Maps you could bookmark the streets, which would be like your actual system...

image-171789029.jpg

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
Orderbychaos

Orderbychaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks For your Post Hpulmer I will give Google Maps a Try. The only Reason I didnt Mess With Maps Much was because I had heard That Apple Was Doing away With Google Maps
Not Sure how much Truth is in that But If not this might Work For us Thanks a Ton!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts