What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

intall windows xp or windows 7 on ipad

megaworm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
youtube com/watch?v=fpILv3XGZts
I don't think you can VNC into a machine that is booting up, so unless im dumb this is running natively and so can windows 7.
(sorry I cant post a real link because this forum won't let me)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you can VNC into a machine that is booting up, so unless im dumb this is running natively and so can windows 7.

Well thanks for that other movie:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpILv3XGZts"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpILv3XGZts[/ame]

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com

There is a cloud service out there (listed in a different post) that offers virtual machines from the cloud, so in effect, you can connect to a PC that is booting up.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Won't say you're dumb but I will say you must not have watched that video for comprehension. It was explained very clearly what was going on, and running Windows 7 natively certainly was NOT it.

Michael

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think more correctly, Windows currently runs on x86/x64 architecture, not just Intel chips. Interestingly, Microsoft is expected at CES to announce a version of Windows for ARM processors, so it is quite possible that when that comes out it will be possible to install Windows on the iPad. I can't imagine the experience would be great, but it might be possible.
You're correct, of course, I should have been more precise.

As to Microsoft and the ARM. If they do bring out an ARM version, it will (rightly) be designed to be used on tablets and smartphones and so won't be XP or 7. It'll be something different. So the answer to the OP question is still "no". Not at the current time. And probably not ever.

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you can VNC into a machine that is booting up
You're thinking of VNCing into a single user machine. You can definitely VNC into a virtual machine server and watch the virtual machine boot up. That's what you're seeing in these videos.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that either. There is a lot to love about such a simple but functional design. But as far as user features go, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Most reactions

Latest posts