What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

intall windows xp or windows 7 on ipad

ayme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear
is there any way to install windows xp or windows 7 operating system on ipad 4.2.1
if some one know about please guide

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why would you want to ?

Because if it worked well, it would be great!

A fully functioning Windows or OSX setup would be excellent in tablet form. But both Windows and OSX need quite a bit of fine tuning to their touch interface before it would be any good.

So no, you cant currently do it.

rossi636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's talk about an Android port to iPad. Anyone have any info on it? Or maybe a Chrome Tablet port?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind windows 7 on the ipad..

give some more options. But the iPad is already ahead of its time,so I can't argue much :) I'm more than happy

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i visited the Microsoft store last weekend and played with a tablet running Windows 7. I accidentally touched the screen for a moment too long and manage to remove a program icon from the Start menu and drag it to the desktop.

I've been using Windows since version 2.11 so it's not like I'm a fumbled fingered noob with Windows. The interface isn't designed for a touch interface, and OSX isn't much better.

I find that the Jump Desktop interface makes using Windows apps practical with a touch screen, but it's not as smooth as using an OS designed from the ground up for multitouch.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i visited the Microsoft store last weekend and played with a tablet running Windows 7. I accidentally touched the screen for a moment too long and manage to remove a program icon from the Start menu and drag it to the desktop.

I've been using Windows since version 2.11 so it's not like I'm a fumbled fingered noob with Windows. The interface isn't designed for a touch interface, and OSX isn't much better.

I find that the Jump Desktop interface makes using Windows apps practical with a touch screen, but it's not as smooth as using an OS designed from the ground up for multitouch.

Thumbs up for jump!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome on board our forums no it is not possible to install windows on the ipad if you need windows you need a net computer not an ipad.

oh boy....when are people gonna learn? ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Learn that!!!!

Now the REAL question is.....has anyone DONE IT. AFAIK no one has.

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome on board our forums no it is not possible to install windows on the ipad if you need windows you need a net computer not an ipad.

It may be possible, but it is very unlikely. The IPad has an Apple A4 ARM chip. Windows currently only runs on Intel CPUs. It is theoretically possible that someone might write an A4 Intel emulator, but it would be unlikely to run Windows at an acceptable speed.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here .
Take a look
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8sTY_Fmzo[/ame]

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It may be possible, but it is very unlikely. The IPad has an Apple A4 ARM chip. Windows currently only runs on Intel CPUs. It is theoretically possible that someone might write an A4 Intel emulator, but it would be unlikely to run Windows at an acceptable speed.

I think more correctly, Windows currently runs on x86/x64 architecture, not just Intel chips. Interestingly, Microsoft is expected at CES to announce a version of Windows for ARM processors, so it is quite possible that when that comes out it will be possible to install Windows on the iPad. I can't imagine the experience would be great, but it might be possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts