What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intall specific iOS from 6.1.2

Bugsy4work

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I have an Ipad 2 wi-fi with iOS 6.1.2 (with JB). I haven't installed any newer version because It's fine for me this away. But recently I'm facing some problems with some new apps because they need at least iOS7. I don't want to install the last version because I'm afraid of losing performance and battery.

My question are:

1. It is possible to install a specific version of iOS from my 6.1.2? Like 7 or 8?
2. If I install a late version can I JB it?

Note: Obviously If possible I want a new version with JB but even if I cant do the JB it's ok for me.
I think iOS9 it's not a good option, as I see on some of my friends.

Tks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the only iOS you can install is iOS 9.0.2 or iOS 9.1.

iOS 9.1 was just released yesterday, that's why you can still install iOS 9.0.2, which IS jailbreak able with PanGu tools.

However, it won't be long before Apple closes the window on iOS 9.0.2, so you'll have to decide what to do fast. Cause once the iOS 9.0.2 window closes, you'll only be able to install iOS 9.1, which is not jailbreakable at this time.

Sorry, not the answer you're looking for - but it's the only one.

Marilyn

OP
B

Bugsy4work

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.
My only problem is the battery consumption and lost of performance... I think I will wait.
Its strange to me why we cant grab the iOS that we want and put it the device and run it... How can apple block the access?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you.
My only problem is the battery consumption and lost of performance... I think I will wait.
Its strange to me why we cant grab the iOS that we want and put it the device and run it... How can apple block the access?
Apple can block access to older versions of iOS because part of the installation procedure is an online verification with Apple servers to check if the iOS version you're trying to install is still being signed. If it's no longer being signed, the installation will fail every time.

Most reactions

Latest posts